Vango airbeams!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
The warden of a site we use a lot told me that in last years heat the pop, pop of air beams was almost a daily occurrence.

We had one and hated it, switched to a poled awning which ok and now to a Fiamma caravanstore which we love.

Reactions: Buckman
Apr 28, 2023
Visit site
We had one let go 1 day into 10 nights in France last few weeks! Seam popped around the valve - Vango don’t have any isolation valves (well ours didn’t) so we had to do without an awning. TBH we’ve had nothing but problems with the Vango Balletto Air - had to swap the first one as there was a big stitching defect in the roof (no quibble swap from Vango) then we’ve had 3 door replacements because of poor stitching on the zips - they just pop when zipping up (awning wasn’t pulled tight at all). The air beam going was the final straw and we’ve agreed a return with the shop we bought it from - going to try a Telta awning I think next.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
We had one let go 1 day into 10 nights in France last few weeks! Seam popped around the valve - Vango don’t have any isolation valves (well ours didn’t) so we had to do without an awning. TBH we’ve had nothing but problems with the Vango Balletto Air - had to swap the first one as there was a big stitching defect in the roof (no quibble swap from Vango) then we’ve had 3 door replacements because of poor stitching on the zips - they just pop when zipping up (awning wasn’t pulled tight at all). The air beam going was the final straw and we’ve agreed a return with the shop we bought it from - going to try a Telta awning I think next.
Not heard of a Telta awning so just had a quick Google. Looks interesting. I Like the sound of Polycotton fabric which should ease some of the condensation issues of a standard air awning. Also you can zip out the front and side panels to make it lighter to get through the awning rail; as well as to convert to a sun canopy.
If you do get one, please report back.
Mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts