vauxhall antara

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
mat

the following is a summary from a group test in what car.

ist was freelander

2nd honda crv

3rd latest nissan xtrail

4th antara

for=stylish inside and out, cabin quality, lots of space and easy to fold seats, juicy online discounts.

against= engine is flat at low revs, poor gearshift, high running costs, weakest residual values, smallest boot.

verdict= looks the part, but the antara donsn't really offer much over its rivals in anyone area.

What car are saying it's 1801kg, with a max tow of 2000kg.

I think if the kerb is 1801kg, then thats about 100kg too heavy for me?

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
mat

the following is a summary from a group test in what car.

ist was freelander

2nd honda crv

3rd latest nissan xtrail

4th antara

for=stylish inside and out, cabin quality, lots of space and easy to fold seats, juicy online discounts.

against= engine is flat at low revs, poor gearshift, high running costs, weakest residual values, smallest boot.

verdict= looks the part, but the antara donsn't really offer much over its rivals in anyone area.

What car are saying it's 1801kg, with a max tow of 2000kg.

I think if the kerb is 1801kg, then thats about 100kg too heavy for me?
tested version was 2.0 cdtis manuel

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
I have the chevrolet captiva ltx which is built on the same production line as the antara(south korea)so shares the same running gear and a lot of the parts.mine also has seven seats which you cant get on the antara and comes with all the toys hill descent,traction control,climate control just to name a few.You can get a better deal price wise on the captiva and it comes with 60k servicing so thats why i opted for the chevvy.Ive done 30k since new(15 months )and its been faultless when towing or solo and would reccommend one to anyone...list price is 24k payed

Nov 13, 2008
Visit site
Dear All,

We road tested the Captiva in the magazine in Sept 2008 against the Ssangyong Rexton. Most of the test details are equally applicable to the Antara but Vauxhall have never fitted a towbar to one for us to test on its own.

Our towcar tsar David Motton is familiar with both cars and I recall he felt the Vauxhall had a better ride than the Chevy but I need to check with him. Email me if I don't remember to post his thoughts tomorrow.

Regards

Nigel Donnelly

Editor

Practical Caravan

www.twitter.com/pcaravan

nigel@practicalcaravan.com

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts