vauxhall insigna 2.0 ctdi

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
hi was chatting to fellow caravaner as we were discussing what mpg we were getting towing he informed me he tows a swift 1500kg and gets 45mpg and 70mpg solo with his insigna can anyone who tows with this car confirm these figures if corect might decide to change my car regards dave

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
My 1.9 150 Vectra is not as good as the Insignia but I did get 61mpg solo on a 600 mile round trip S.Wales to Norwich (including some mileage whilst there) last month (2 people in car, not much luggage). All motorway/dual carriageway at national speed limit where possible.

Towing a 1200kg caravan I normally get 35mpg.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello David,

Those MPG figure look suspiciously wrong. unless they are the instantaneous mpg figures, which can go up and down very quickly. Most people quote averaged figures.

Solo the 2.0Cdti is only rated for 48mpg Urban cycle, so 70 seems to be unreasonably high.

My Saab 2.2 diesel (GM engine) is rated for 45mpg, and only on a run can I get above that figure, However if I have reset my MPG meter for the first few miles I can get what seem very high figures 60+ but hey comedown very quickly as soon as the engine has to do some real work.

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
Hello David,

Those MPG figure look suspiciously wrong. unless they are the instantaneous mpg figures, which can go up and down very quickly. Most people quote averaged figures.

Solo the 2.0Cdti is only rated for 48mpg Urban cycle, so 70 seems to be unreasonably high.

My Saab 2.2 diesel (GM engine) is rated for 45mpg, and only on a run can I get above that figure, However if I have reset my MPG meter for the first few miles I can get what seem very high figures 60+ but hey comedown very quickly as soon as the engine has to do some real work.
I have a Vauxhall Insignia 2.0CDTI (130ps). We bought it last February and tow our Stirling Eccles Topaz. It is a very able tow car, although if I had the extra cash I'd go for the 160ps version for a bit more umph. As to mpg, towing we are getting around 30mpg, solo we are getting around 42mpg with an overall average of 37mpg. My best solo running was 50mpg, but that was a long trip, mostly on motorway's and I wasn't in a rush.

Cheers,

Alec

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
I have a Vauxhall Insignia 2.0CDTI (130ps). We bought it last February and tow our Stirling Eccles Topaz. It is a very able tow car, although if I had the extra cash I'd go for the 160ps version for a bit more umph. As to mpg, towing we are getting around 30mpg, solo we are getting around 42mpg with an overall average of 37mpg. My best solo running was 50mpg, but that was a long trip, mostly on motorway's and I wasn't in a rush.

Cheers,

Alec

Apologies I'm not a regular poster, so I haven't mastered replying to topics. I'll re-post properly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts