Vauxhall Omega 2.2 DTi

Feb 25, 2007
Visit site
Anyone had any experience of one of these as a towcar? Going to look at one on the weekend, with the view of towing my 2006 Abbey Adventura 325

Regards

Nick

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Had a 2.0 GLI petrol Omega. Beautiful solo car - roomy, smooth and well equiped. However when towing spent more time on the AA recovery than the road as it constantly over heated. Prior to this had two Carlton 2.0 GLI petrol cars and they were the same - damn nuisance regarding the constant over heating whilst towing

Feb 22, 2007
Visit site
Hello,

I used to tow with an Omega estate 2.5 petrol automatic. it never overheated but did tend to get quite hot on hills (for example Telegraph Hill outside Exeter). Apart from that a very good tow car (although a little thirsty) that served me well towing for six years. My wife now has it.

As an aside a friend of mine had a Frontera 2.2DTi- the same diesel engine as the Omega and he had no end of trouble with it overheating and blowing head gaskets - he had to be recovered from Spain.

All the best

Steve B.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We're now on to our third Omega. Why so many? Because it is simply the best towcar we have had in almost 25 years of caravanning. Better even than the Volvos we had years ago. Ours have all been petrol engines, though, so I can't comment on your particular model.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
They did do a 2.5 BMW diesel unit in earlier ones, excellent engine.

But the 2.2 DTi is considered to be the best diesel vauxhalls have ever made. Had 2 of them, albeit in Frontera, superb in every way.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts