Vauxhall Omega V6 2.5 Auto

Mar 19, 2005
Visit site
First class towcar--i have a 2.5 auto pulling 1600kgs no problems at all and no need for oil coolers,and returns approx 20mpg on a 200 mile trip

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am now on my third Omega, the current one is a 2.6 automatic saloon, but previously I had a 2.5 and before that the 2.0. All have been excellent towcars, as well as providing comfortable and reliable service for fairly high-mileage solo driving. I certainly would recommend this vehicle.

Apr 20, 2005
Visit site
HI MARTIN I TOWED OUR ABBEY GTS VOGUE WITH MY P REG OMEGA V6

AND IT WENT LIKE A TRAIN. WE GOT ABOUT 24 MPG .THE ONLY PROBLEM

WAS IT WORKED THE AUTO BOX HARD.

Mar 30, 2005
Visit site
HI MARTIN I TOWED OUR ABBEY GTS VOGUE WITH MY P REG OMEGA V6

AND IT WENT LIKE A TRAIN. WE GOT ABOUT 24 MPG .THE ONLY PROBLEM

WAS IT WORKED THE AUTO BOX HARD.
Mark, My auto box also worked hard, had the filter replaced in it and what a difference, mpg is also up 5 mpg, box is quieter and the gears move up a lot faster & smoother

Colin

Jun 9, 2005
Visit site
Hi there,

I have a Vauxhall Omega 2.5 V6 Auto as a tow car, and it is very good.

If you want any advice, just drop me a line

Andrew
hi Andrew have just posted a topic on the 2.5 V6 mine runs very hot especially when towing, so much so I have returned back to my Mondeo for towing, no where as comfortable well down on the Omega for power but does not run hot at all when towing even on long drag hills in N Devon. Just wish the Omega behaved as good. any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Bob

Aug 20, 2005
Visit site
Mark, My auto box also worked hard, had the filter replaced in it and what a difference, mpg is also up 5 mpg, box is quieter and the gears move up a lot faster & smoother

Colin
colin my auto box on my 3.0l elite stays in 3rd along time and only changes into 4th when easing off the gas and slowly on again. Any advise

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts