Vauxhall Vectra 2.2 SRI Automatic

Jul 1, 2007
Visit site
Hi does anyone in this forum tow with an automatic, reason I ask is that My Father is planning to purchase a Vectra 2.2 SRI Automatic (New Shape) it has got plenty of power and is heavy enough to cope with our Caravan a Bailey Pageant Loire (mtplm 1300 KGS).The car has a function on the gearbox that allows you to change gear manually.

Can anyone advise

Thanks

Matthew

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Yes I tow with a Renault scenic 2.0 auto petrol and I have to say achieved the same petrol consumption as my 2.0 manual Diesel Picasso. Using the manual feature to keep the RPM between 2 - 2.5 thou revs - very impressed. You must check the Gross towing weight that is the weight of the caravan loaded, and the car loaded with the plate attached to the car usually on door pillar or under the bonnet this will give you the max gross train weight which is the all important figure.

Mar 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Matthew,

I have had 2 automatics, love them, but make sure (with Vauxhall) that it doesn't need an extra oil cooler for towing. A friend had a Vauxhall auto and ruined the box towing because it needed an extra oil cooler, even though the dealer said it didn't.

Alan

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
Cant comment on the auto box, but had one of these Vectras with the 2.2 Petrol as a manual. Plenty of torque quite low down and a good stable cruiser. I too had a 1300kg van. Only thing I found was the clutch didnt like hill starts under such load, but having said that it lasted all the time I had the car.

Jun 16, 2007
Visit site
Hi Matthew i have been caravaner for 13 year now and had 3 auto cars to tow with from a 1.6 astra which took us to france and back with no problems at all.And now i own a 53 plate vauxhall segnum 2.2 dti semi auto with a 2007 fixed bed compass in toe and have had no trouble with my carwhat so ever.My mate works for vauxhall so i put the car threw some grueling roads to test it out then he checked it out for any proplems and found none.he has the car you talk about and has no proplems with it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts