Vauxhall Vectra Towing Mirrors

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I own a Vectra model 95-02 Having just purchased a set on ebay,

there where no fitting instructions, Could some kind person reply with instructions, Genuine vectra owners will know because of pecular shape of the fitting.

Royston

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi Royston,

You don't say what make of mirror you have aquired and there are dozens, however the following may be of some use . The vectra is a tricky beast to fit mirrors of any kind to because of the streamlined pod - I have Milenco mirrors which use two adjustable rubber protected clamps to secure the mirror to the housing, the mirror itself is clamped to a metal tube by two adjustable clamps to allow movement in and away from the door, There is also an optional rubber saftey strap which further secures the mirror towing mirror to the housing.

(this strap is very difficult to get right on a Vectra and is not essential to the operation, merely a "belt and braces" device)

Three important things I have found useful - fit the mirror clamps to the underneath straight part of the car mirror - watch out for the rubber protectors on the clamps falling off - make sure you set your car mirror before fitting the tow mirror as the mirror arm clamps foul the car glass and prevent adjustment.

Hope this helps and by the way once you have masterd the fitting they do actually work very well and can be fitted and removed in about 3 minutes

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Roystone, vectra mirrors that I am refering to are genuine Vectra towing mirrors suitable for cars 95-02 manufactured by Vaxhall, sorry for missleading anybody.

Royston

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Royston

we bought genuine Vauxhall mirrors off eBay.

Ours are marked 'left' and 'right' with the right being offside.

Just slip the mirror onto the car mirror and engage the tab into the join between the coloured body and the black plastic end, then tighten the screw.

Get back to me if this doesn't make sense!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Royston

we bought genuine Vauxhall mirrors off eBay.

Ours are marked 'left' and 'right' with the right being offside.

Just slip the mirror onto the car mirror and engage the tab into the join between the coloured body and the black plastic end, then tighten the screw.

Get back to me if this doesn't make sense!
Ken,

Thanks for the tip, The pair I have are quite a job to fit, the rubber Tab on the extension body only connects between the coloured body and black plastic trim by a tip, the rubber does not follow the contours of the mirror casing.

found out the allen key required to fit the actual extension mirrors is 3/16"

Royston

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts