Vauxhaul Frontera

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have just purchased an 03 2.2 diesel frontera.If anybody has experience or advice on these vehicles I'd be much obliged. I intend towing a Bailey Pageant Bordeaux ie 1360 Kg

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, We towed our lovely new van with a Frontera and found it to be a little sluggish on hills but otherwise great (2.3TD) until a stupid motorbike rider hit us head on and wrote off our 4x4!!! now have a ford mondeo estate which is no where near as good.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gordon. We have been towing with our current Fronterra which is a Sport RS 2.2 DTI for almost 4 years and it is the best tow vehicle we have had. Currently we tow a Lexon EB (1330kg) and the car has no difficulty in pulling. We have travveled the length and breadth of the UK with the Van even the formidable Beridale braes on the way to Thurso. The car returns us approx 27mpg towing and can camfortably hold 60 on the motorway without any effort. The Nose weight is an excellent 112kg and it makes for a stable outfit. The "shift on the move" has come in handy on several sites where we have pulled the van of using 4 wheel drive and then reverted to 2 wheel whithout having to stop. The only minor problem we had initialy was on the fridge relay of the 12S, it was the voltage based relay and continualy switched on and of with the fridge never getting cold. We replaced this for an ignition type relay and the fridge now works perfect when towing.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
we have a lmc and a 03 frontera 2.2.dti .its the bset tow car we have had ,went to france in august and was getting 38 mpg.towing. the only problem is remembering u are towing because it pulls so well

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts