Vehicle restrictions on camp site

Apr 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

We've just bought our first caravan and can't wait to get away in it for the first time.

However whilst looking at possible sites to stay at we noticed that some of them don't accept pick up trucks. We have a double cab nissan navara which is NOT used for any commercial business at all.

We can't see anything on the caravan club site about restrictions on their site but do any of you know different?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Julie, as a general rule it is only signwritten vehicles which sites do not like.

If you want to be safe, give the site concerned a ring and explain what you have and ask if it is ok, it should be.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Julie

Damian is correct. I think the reason is partly to stop the dreaded travellers from turning up on site.

I have recently booked two sites which stated 'no commercial vehicles', however, as that is the type of vehicle I will be driving/travelling in, I phoned in advance with my best Mrs Bucket voice and they said we could bring a commerical vehicle on site, no probs.

Lisa

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The Caravan Club don't make such restrictions on their club sites but their affiliated sites and 5-van CLs may make their own restrictions.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I was at Crossways C.C. recently and there was a sign written transit used to tow there. It was never parked by the pitch though, always in the site car park. Whether this was a stipulation of the wardens I don't know but regarding your vehicle Julie I can't see any problems.

Nov 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi Julie

We have just bought a Navara for the main purpose of towing our van. As I understood it these vehicles are regarded as cars, i also checked this with the ferry companies.

It is interesting that Andrew Ditton who wrote for caravan mags usually drove a Renault Traffic and was often shown reviewing cc sites. The same sites that say no commercial vehicles.

On another note what sort of towbar do you have, we are having problems getting this sorted with our Nissan garage.

DJP

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Julie,

We also use a Nissan Navara double cab as our towcar, before this we had an Isuzu Rodeo double cab. Both being classified as commercial vehicles, we have used C.C. and commercial sites without problem.

These type of vehicles are becoming more popular as tow cars due to the various tax breaks, especially when used as a company 'car'

DJP

Apr 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi Julie,

We also use a Nissan Navara double cab as our towcar, before this we had an Isuzu Rodeo double cab. Both being classified as commercial vehicles, we have used C.C. and commercial sites without problem.

These type of vehicles are becoming more popular as tow cars due to the various tax breaks, especially when used as a company 'car'

DJP
Thanks everyone,

We rang the site we're going to today and they said it wasn't a problem.

Dawn,

I have no idea what sort of towbar we have. It a 53 plate navara so it doesn't seem to have the 'all in one' body moldings of the newer ones.

I'm told we're having it lowered tomorrow and having a second electric hookup installed (as we only have the black one at the mo').

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
hi roger

i realise that most sites do accept pick ups but at the start of this thread julie has been told that the site she wants to go to will not take pick ups.............odds on if she phoned first there would be no problem...but i wonder if someone just turned up with a pick up truck towing a 5th wheel van at the site that julie wants to go to,what would be the reaction of the site owners :)

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I work for the C.C. and we dont mind pickups & vans on site, the only ones that will not be allowed on site are outfits bearing advertising matter on them. They will be asked to park in the carpark & not on the pitch. (vehicles that is).

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
DJP said:
Hi Julie,

DJP

If you have a new caravan, using a commercial pick up may invalidate the warranty. This is generally written on the first page of the manual. I know that Bailey and Lunar state this probably because of the suspension on a pick up.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Prof Surfer said:
DJP said:
Hi Julie,

DJP

If you have a new caravan, using a commercial pick up may invalidate the warranty. This is generally written on the first page of the manual. I know that Bailey and Lunar state this probably because of the suspension on a pick up.

WHY are replies being given to a question asked 4 years ago??????????????????????????????????
I think the OP has probably had the answer before now.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Damian-Moderator said:
Prof Surfer said:
DJP said:
Hi Julie,

DJP

WHY are replies being given to a question asked 4 years ago??????????????????????????????????
I think the OP has probably had the answer before now.
To be fair Damian there are are plenty of Newbies over the last four years who may find this thread relevant
smiley-innocent.gif

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
we stayed at a CC a couple of weeks ago and when we booked up i said we would have family staying for a couple of nights no problem just leave the car in the car park i was told,upon arrival of said family we let them in to unload bedding ect and before the boot was open we were told you cant have 2 cars on one pitch on safty issue no problem we`ll just empty the boot then park up,thats fine was the reply then walking around the site that evening there were 3 pitches with two cars including the one next to us.Dont know whats wrong with a 61 plate vauxhall

TRENDING THREADS