Vendee

jo3

Jul 3, 2007
Visit site
We are going to try the Vendee next summer and would welcome any recommendations of good family sites. We are looking for a good clean site, preferably medium to large in size. Only for a week or so, so not really concerned about the fees.

Also, any sites near to Calais for a possible one night stop.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Have a look at Les Brunelles Longeville Sur Mer. Four star site. Stayed there for a few days in June (in Camping Cheque book page 87)on way down to Royan. Superb pool , decent sized pitches beach 700m. New toilet block immaculate. Plent for kids to do.

jo3

Jul 3, 2007
Visit site
Have a look at Les Brunelles Longeville Sur Mer. Four star site. Stayed there for a few days in June (in Camping Cheque book page 87)on way down to Royan. Superb pool , decent sized pitches beach 700m. New toilet block immaculate. Plent for kids to do.
Thanks very much Chris.

Which sailing did you use?, and can you remember how long the journey was on the French side?

It will be our first trip outside UK, so don't quite know what to expect.

Finally, do we need much different equipment to that which we have for UK use?

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Thanks very much Chris.

Which sailing did you use?, and can you remember how long the journey was on the French side?

It will be our first trip outside UK, so don't quite know what to expect.

Finally, do we need much different equipment to that which we have for UK use?
We had crossed Poole- Cherborg but stayed near Bayeux for a week prior in order to visit some of the D-Day beaches and memorials so in effect travelled from Caen to Les Brunelles in one day. This is nearly as far as direct from Cherborg to Les Brunelles. We have been travelling to the are for almost 20 years so know the road well. There are toll free dual carriageways from Cherborg to Rennes and then Nantes from where you can use either the N137 to Montaigu or a short stretch of the A83 toll road and then the D763 to La Roche Sur Yon and on to Les Sables D'Olonne.Alternatively you can cross Brittany Ferries Portsmouth- St Malo and then follow the same route doown but this more expensive because the sailings are overnight and you really need a cabin for a good night's sleep. We have used poole-Cherborg for many years but the journey to the Vendee will depend on the time of the ferry arrival in Cherborg. Either way as first timers you would probably need to break the journey. If we take the later ferry then we usually manage to make the Avranches area first night and then a relatively easy journey the next day probably arriving by mid afternoon.

As regarding equipment etc much the same as in the UK except that I don't bother to take a grey water wastemaster but an ordinary container as many sites have waste water disposal on the pitch and it is a pain sometimes lifting the wastemaster to empty it.many people just use a bucket. The other thing you may need is a reversed polarity adaptor (do a search on the forum to explain).

If you are a member of the caravan Club purchase a copy of theeir "Caravan Europe 1" guide which will tell you all you need to know about travelling in france and has an excellent list of sites which have all been reviewed by Club members over many years.

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
just come back from the le pin parasol one of the best sites i have ever been to.Very well run,beautiful pools and huge quiet pitches.Each pitch could easily take a static!

Low key on entertainment and lovely and quiet at night but with things for kids to do,lovely area only fifteen minutes from a good beach selection.

i found nothing wrong with it and many i spoke to were return customers,but keep it to yourself ey!!

Andy

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
Jo,

We're just back from two great weeks at La Garangeoire in the Vendee (a couple of miles away from Le Pin Parasol). We were really impressed with the site and kids absolutely loved it -they rode their bikes constantly. The pool, playground, woodland walks/bike rides, kids play area, horse riding etc were all first class. The only negative was the bar prices (

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
Jo,

We're just back from two great weeks at La Garangeoire in the Vendee (a couple of miles away from Le Pin Parasol). We were really impressed with the site and kids absolutely loved it -they rode their bikes constantly. The pool, playground, woodland walks/bike rides, kids play area, horse riding etc were all first class. The only negative was the bar prices (

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Just returned from 2 weeks in pins parasol- great site in good location with large pitches and lots to do for the kids. My 10 and 13 year olds loved it.

Downsides are some pitches can be difficult to access for larger vans, main pool is quite small although water slides and toddlers pool are superb.Have also stayed in Camping Pong nearby which despite the name is also an excellent site.

Mar 22, 2008
Visit site
I can also recommend Le Pin Parasol, just come back from a 3 week stay there, also there last year for 2 weeks. We had a HUGE full service pitch, and had no problems getting our twin axle van on. Spoke to a few people who have stayed all over France and found this their favourite site. Kids love it and want to go again next year!

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
After several lovely holidays in Brittany we are wondering whether to try the Vendee next summer. Pin Parasol looks like the type of site we prefer but, knowing nothing about the area, could anyone suggest places of interest, good days out, nice beaches etc. We like the beach but also enjoy sightseeing, pretty towns/vilages and the boys like Karting.

Also, what's the area like for traffic in August?

Thanks

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
We had just over a week at Les Amiaux (St Jeam de Monts).

We were please with the site even though it was picked at random from the long list of sites in the area - bar was pricey but they all are on sites..

Great pools - clean loo/shower blocks - good sized pitches and lots of things for everyone to do.

We're going to go back in 2010

May 10, 2009
Visit site
Hi sorry but have to disagrre with last comment about les amiaux my wife myself and my 4 kids and two other families stayed there july 2008 and found the site a big let down thought the park was very run down although the area is great lots to do for kids and adults from quad biking to body boarding the list is endless next year we going to la yole have a look at this park very nice.

leanne

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
Leanne -

I have to admit there are a number of things that look shiny and new or a few months old - so it may-well-be that over the last winter they updated things... While some other things did look a few years old and worn

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts