Verwood Caravan Park

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi

We are heading to verwood caravan park in Dorset this summer and was wondering if anyone can give me any info on the surrounding area? I know Bournmouth is close by.

And any info on the site would be good as well.

Thanks

Dougie.......

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There is plenty to do round there, for example:

Moors Valley country park

The Dorset Heavy Horse Centre

Wimborne Minster Model Town

The New Forest

Beaulieu National Motor Museum

Edmondsham House, a Tudor Manor is close by.

A few years back you used to see Buster Merrifield (Grandad out of Only Fools & Horses) walking round the village.

Dec 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi. We use to live in Verwood, I presume you have booked the C&c club site just outside the village. You are about 30 mins from bournemouth and about the same from Salisbury. Loads to do in the area as you also have the New Forest nearby. The site is very pleasant I stayed on it several years ago.

i am not sure whether the Heavy horse Centre is still going as it did run into trouble a few years ago and unfortunately you will not see Buster as both him and his wife have now passed on.

regards

Andrew

Nov 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi. We use to live in Verwood, I presume you have booked the C&c club site just outside the village. You are about 30 mins from bournemouth and about the same from Salisbury. Loads to do in the area as you also have the New Forest nearby. The site is very pleasant I stayed on it several years ago.

i am not sure whether the Heavy horse Centre is still going as it did run into trouble a few years ago and unfortunately you will not see Buster as both him and his wife have now passed on.

regards

Andrew
Glad to hear that, we are storing our van at this site for the summer.

Tigger

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi

Stayed on this site many times as it is near Gurston Down Hillclimb Course..... if you are interested in motorsport!

http://www.gurstondown.org/index.htm
Site can get busy at times, as it is in a very popular area with so much to do and see as others have said. Some pitches are sloping. Watch out for fast traffic past entrance.. take extra care.

A well run site in a very nice location...enjoy!

Apr 23, 2007
Visit site
There is plenty to do round there, for example:

Moors Valley country park

The Dorset Heavy Horse Centre

Wimborne Minster Model Town

The New Forest

Beaulieu National Motor Museum

Edmondsham House, a Tudor Manor is close by.

A few years back you used to see Buster Merrifield (Grandad out of Only Fools & Horses) walking round the village.
Uncle Albert....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts