VERY NOISY BAILEY LOUISIANA

Oct 30, 2005
Visit site
We have just took our new Louisiana for a trial outing and although overall really pleased with it the onboard pump was excessively noisy, so much so it made sleeping in the front double bed totally unacceptable. The noise seemed to get worse from day to day and actually finishes with a clanking sound !! Anyone out there had the same problem ? how good are Baileys at solving customers problems ??

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
This isn't a Bailey problem but a Whale pumps one. I wrote to Whale and got a reply saying that my comments had been passed to "Quality Control" for their views. Guess what? I heard nothing more. To my mind, part of the problem was that the pump is screwed direct to a board which is then screwed to the van. I've mounted the pump on my Indiana to 4 rubber blocks. It's reduced the noise considerably although I don't suppose it will ever be completely quiet.

Oct 30, 2005
Visit site
This isn't a Bailey problem but a Whale pumps one. I wrote to Whale and got a reply saying that my comments had been passed to "Quality Control" for their views. Guess what? I heard nothing more. To my mind, part of the problem was that the pump is screwed direct to a board which is then screwed to the van. I've mounted the pump on my Indiana to 4 rubber blocks. It's reduced the noise considerably although I don't suppose it will ever be completely quiet.
CHEERS....WILL HAVE TO LOOK INTO DOING THE SAME

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
seem to remember not too long ago that there where quite a few complaints of the bailey senator pump also being very noisy, it does appear to be a problem with the mounting position. if you cant get hold of rubber feet try some pipe insulation cut in half and rolled flat.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
I have complained to the dealer about the noisy inboard pump on our indiana it sounds like a machine gun , its funny that the live in test in the mag never mentioned it ,didnt they use the water at all , and now its won tourer of the the year ,also when filling the inboard tank there is no indication when its full ,you have wait until you hear it overflowing under the caravan ,Magpie

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
The overflowing tank was mentioned in the Equipment and Accessories forum "On board water tanks" (page 3 at the moment).

I've modified my Indiana and added a return pipe, via the overflow, to the Aquaroll. That way you avoid the pond forming under the van.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
The overflowing tank was mentioned in the Equipment and Accessories forum "On board water tanks" (page 3 at the moment).

I've modified my Indiana and added a return pipe, via the overflow, to the Aquaroll. That way you avoid the pond forming under the van.
Great idea about the overflow pipe to aqua roll PaulT thanks 4 the tip

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts