Very slow traffic M5 North Nr. Almondsbury.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Im working in a small retail park next to the M5 at Almondsbury.

Traffic northbound is almost at a stanstill.

I can't see if its problems on the M4 West (Wales)
M4 East (London)
M5 North (Gloucester).

Just a "heads up" if your heading this way.

M5 South not moving too bad with 50mph restrictions πŸ‘

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

M4 East (London)
M5 North (Gloucester).

Hi Thanks for the update i will not be travelling that way enjoying my break in Wales (y)

Reactions: GeorgeandAde
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

M4 East (London)
M5 North (Gloucester).

Went by on the M4 heading eastwards at 1030 and there were speed restrictions from the M4/M5 interchange to the M32. Heavy traffic but no incident that I could see.

Reactions: GeorgeandAde
May 24, 2014
Visit site
We will be down the M5 next week on way to Devon then COrnwall. I was surprised to see that the cinder caravan park at Sedgemoor has gone and been replaced with a tarmac HGV section. It used to be caravans only on there. Looks like stopping over on Michaelwood as those south of Sedgemoor are pretty dire for caravans.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We will be down the M5 next week on way to Devon then COrnwall. I was surprised to see that the cinder caravan park at Sedgemoor has gone and been replaced with a tarmac HGV section. It used to be caravans only on there. Looks like stopping over on Michaelwood as those south of Sedgemoor are pretty dire for caravans.
The new services at Gloucester are good for caravans and only a short distance before michaelwood.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The new services at Gloucester are good for caravans and only a short distance before michaelwood.
Michaelwood is really nice now south bound as bene modernised. The Gloucester services are really first class. After that southwards no really nice services that I can remember.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Michaelwood is really nice now south bound as bene modernised. The Gloucester services are really first class. After that southwards no really nice services that I can remember.
Yes MW are good but it’s not till Taunton that it’s a bit better but Exeter are dire especially in holiday season serving north and southbound.

Reactions: Buckman
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes, we have looked at Gloucester. My plan is to poke my nose into Strensham, then Gloucester and then Michaelwood and stop at the first one that has space. Now Sedgemoor is ruined, there isnt a good one anywhere south of MW. Even Taunton isnt worth stopping on. Being all mixed up with the trucks, I am bound to get somebody with a fridge on either side of me. If I cant get on any of them, I will push on to Exeter racecourse and stop on the late arrivals.
From there its four days on Lakesdie and just under a month at Trethem.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
At Stensham you normally have the police checking vehicles etc and it is always a very busy services as on junction of M5 and M50.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
At Stensham you normally have the police checking vehicles etc and it is always a very busy services as on junction of M5 and M50.
On our way back from Yorkshire late in May we stopped off at Strensham and the caravan parking is well signed. The bays are wide and long enough for two outfits nose to tail. Although the end outfit would have to reverse a bit to pull out. The overflow is well marked although it’s in the HGV area but at least it gives you options.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I an well familiar with all the services in the Uk from my truck days. Sedgemoor used to be ideal for caravans. Agree about Strensham but any port in a storm.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I an well familiar with all the services in the Uk from my truck days. Sedgemoor used to be ideal for caravans. Agree about Strensham but any port in a storm.
Thingy That nice to know when i am using services in Uk you could give me some advice ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts