Very wet in🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿💦💦💦

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
Just South of La Rochelle, not much better here 17-19 degs 10/10 cloud, winds forecast to hit 55mph gusts this afternoon. Seen very little sun since 1st September, but plenty of rain, some of it biblical.
At least it's proved one thing, my 6 year old air awning is still 100% watertight ;)

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
Currently staying at the Hadley Bowling Inn near Worcester as our son has just graduated from University with a First👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
He’s now a fully qualified Mental Health Nurse.

We went for a stroll along the river…

Got back to the hotel and within a minute the heavens opened and we had hailstones!!!

Brighter now though.

Off home tomorrow and back to the grindstone on Friday.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Currently staying at the Hadley Bowling Inn near Worcester as our son has just graduated from University with a First👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Got back to the hotel and within a minute the heavens opened and we had hailstones!!!

Brighter now though.

What a coincidence our daughter graduated as a MHN last year and has had two promotions in that time. Mind you she is a mature graduate IE 50+

Reactions: Steve1962
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

Brighter now though.

Congratulations on your son's graduations, there are a few of us on here that could Possibly , do with his and others help.
Well done That Man.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

Brighter now though.

If it was Worcester Uni that is where I did my degree. We are just down the road from where you are staying and luckily no hailstones etc , just rain!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Congratulations on your son's graduations, there are a few of us on here that could Possibly , do with his and others help.
Well done That Man.
I’m always thinking that our daughter is analysing us from her professional side. Dad you should take up dancing. Dad take the dog to coffee shops. Too many Turtle mats in the kitchen. Label your boxes of stuff in the garage, Apple tags can be useful for older folks etc, etc. But we are the easy part compared to her “ service users” and their families in the community.

Sep 12, 2021
Visit site
If it was Worcester Uni that is where I did my degree. We are just down the road from where you are staying and luckily no hailstones etc , just rain!
It was Worcester University.

We are now back at home, having stopped in Pershore and Evesham on the way back.
Following some research, I can confirm that the cheese and ham half baguette at the old School cafe in Evesham is very tasty!

Steve

Reactions: Buckman
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

Brighter now though.

Wishing him good luck in his chosen profession in the future and congratulations for his graduation.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Sheep's heart, liver, and lungs, also known as the "pluck"
Beef suet , barley, actually a very healthy mesl compared to Frankenstein chicken nuggets . As kids Mum gave us stuffed braised lamb hearts once a month. Wonderful 👍
There is no way I would touch anything with that sort of offal in it. It doesn't sound very appealing. When we were kids, our grandparents consider tripe a treat. Just thinking of tripe makes my stomach turn! :D

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Love haggis and buy it whenever available especially for Burns Night. Growing up sheep’s brains on toast, tripe, kidneys and hearts cooked in the pressure cooker. We even had nice curry that was a result of my father serving in India for five years in WW2

In Oban an American lady ask the waiter what Haggis, Tatties and Neeps were. He explained that Tatties were mashed potatoes. I don’t like potatoes she said. Well Neeps are mashed swedes. I don’t like swedes either she said. Then you”ll no be liking the haggis ma’am was his reply.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Haggis, food of the gods. As already mentioned made with offal, barley etc, lovely on hot buttered toast. On a par with black pudding. Think if you look to closely at the ingredients of a lot of foods you wouldn't eat them. P.S. Lidls haggis is excellent 👌
At least you know the ingredients in haggis and don’t need a chemistry degree to fathom out a long list that you get in some processed foods.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Being a vegetarian I wouldn't even consider Haggis but one Burns night I did try a vegetarian Haggis.

Rather like the bottom of a Hamster's cage wrapped in edible cling film. Mind you I've never tried to eat the bottom of Hamster's cage but I have a good imagination.

• Haha
Reactions: Buckman and Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts