Vets in France

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Daiseydog, we stay at a place north of you, Vermenton, between Avalon l and Auxerre. That have a great vet. But in most towns and villages there are vets that do the worming. And normally they can do it the same day. We tend to stay in Montreuil sur mer. For our last few days , near Le Touquet. That has a very nice vet about €30 without your own tablets.
Its very easy.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Sorry can't help there, I would think the worming tablet would be about €10 to €15 , I will let you know in 5 weeks time, sitting in rain shower with the sun breaking through, in Vermenton, serves me right for buying a second sun brolly.

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
Probably a bit late now but we've always found that the campsite we're staying at has all the local vet details and some have arranged the rendezvous for us. A word of advice following this years trip, we have either had the vet supply a worming tablet or on a couple of occasions an injection. This year the vet injected both of ours but instead of in the loose flesh on the scruff of their necks he injected them in their sides. They both yelped and our bigger dog snapped at him. We didnt think any more about this until a few weeks later when the injection site on our bigger dog came up in two lumps. Our vet checked him out and confirmed it was a reaction to the worming jab which had become infected and had never heard of administering a worming tratment in this area. Our dog has been injected several times in the scruff of the neck with no ill effects.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts