May 12, 2006
Visit site
we are travelling to switzerland and austria this year we know that we need to purchase vingettes in both countries for the car but do we need to purchase a seperate vingette for the caravan any information would be helpful

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi there

For Austria you only need to buy a single vignette. It costs about 8 Euro for 10 days. You can buy them at garages and services up to about 20 miles from the Austrian border. For Switzerland you have to buy two, one for the car and one for the 'van. They cost 40 Swiss francs each, and they must be bought at the border where the local police will stop and check you. I think you can also buy them in advance from the Swiss Tourist Office in London. the Swiss vignette last for a full year.

Happy Travels

BarryB

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi BarryB

I sold mine (Swiss) on ebay last year, might be worth having a look.

If you smear washing up liquid on, I am told they come off easy. I had a struggle to get them off in a useable condition

Mar 16, 2006
Visit site
The swiss ones can involve long queues at the frontier so best to buy in advance where possible. As already stated you will need 2 but they are often available on Ebay from both UK and European sellers. All swiss vignettes are valid to the 31st Jan of the following year eg the current red ones are valid to 31 Jan 2007. You could also log on to www.viamichelin.co.uk and plan a routes that involves tolls.

May 21, 2006
Visit site
The last summer I was travelling to switzerland and austria with a caravan. You only need to bay a vingette. In austria the prize is different if you travel a week, two week, a month etc. In switzerland you pay by a year Is not expensive because there is very good motorways.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts