Vlaue for money caravan insurance?

Apr 16, 2008
Visit site
We've had a new van since last May 2008 and went with the all singing all dancing Caravan Club insurance, however this year we have found their quote way too expensive.(well it was last year to even though i know they are good. Surely there are cheaper and just as good insurance companies out there? Any suggestions much appreciated.

Carolski

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
We have found Saga to be very reasonable (it's all comparative) and had our one claim settled quickly without any fuss. As with most insurance related issues, you only find out how good they are when you make a claim.

Feb 1, 2006
Visit site
I would recomend Towergate Baker from my recent renewal.

They give some very good discounts depending on storage, security etc.

Only way is to call a few and compare, heres a list worth a try.

Caravan Club Insurance Services Tel: 01342 336610

Camping and Caravanning Club (Club Care) Tel: 01784 484646

SAGA www.saga.co.uk

Towergate Bakers www.towergatebakers.co.uk

Park Home Insurance www.parkhomeinsurance.com

Tourer Select www.tourerselect.co.uk

Caravan Guard www.caravanguard.co.uk

NFU Mutual www.nfumutual.co.uk

Armon Heath & Dane. www.caravan-insurance.com

Cover4Caravans www.cover4caravans.co.uk

Shield Total Insurance www.shieldtotalinsurance.co.uk

Caravanwise Insurance www.caravanwise.co.uk

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
As Ron said you only find out when you make a claim

We've had Caravan Club Insurance for 5 years

Sadly Caravan stolen (it was only 12 months old )on 30/3/09, Insurance done and new caravan sorted by 30/4 Picking it up 15/5

Can't fault them but the new van is having a tracker fitted !

May 7, 2007
Visit site
I had a phone call today from our caravan insurance company (Caravan Guard) telling me my insurance is due for renewal on 17th May 09 and that because our caravan will be five years old in September 09 they will no longer insure it new for old, they will insure it for it's current value and the premiums will be slightly lower.

I had a look on the Camping & Caravaning Club website at their insurance and have now insured our van with them for a cheaper premium for the same level of cover except they cover your caravan new for old up to ten years old providing you insure your van with them before your van reaches five years old.

I will be on the phone tomorrow to Caravan Guard to say I will not be renewing my insurance with them. Their Loss.

Regards

Graham (Ponty)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts