Volvo V40 TD 52 plate Tow bar electrics

Sep 28, 2005
Visit site
Does anyone know if there is a plug in the luggage compartment for connecting tow bar electrics directly, as I intend wiring it up myself. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Roger,

Have you tried a Volvo Forum ?? I have a S40 and can't find any plug however you could also ask the Volovo Dealer I find them more than helpful - vs other makes of car I have owned.

Regards Monkeys Husband

Jul 1, 2005
Visit site
Hi Roger,according to my little book of electrics it says, and i quote:"Volvo V40 All:

2001- Access to loom-behind N/S/R light

Power in 5 pin plug strapped to loom.

7 core entry via grommet N/S/R panel under lamp assy.

Bulb failure relay is in N/S/R.

The 2000 v40 has bulb failure on all circuits except flashers.

Bypass stop & tail only.

2001 on V40 use a full bypass relay on 12n to prevent bulb failure warning"

Hope this helps, as a towbar fitter myself i use this info everyday and find it invaluable ,

Cheers Pete

Sep 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Roger,according to my little book of electrics it says, and i quote:"Volvo V40 All:

2001- Access to loom-behind N/S/R light

Power in 5 pin plug strapped to loom.

7 core entry via grommet N/S/R panel under lamp assy.

Bulb failure relay is in N/S/R.

The 2000 v40 has bulb failure on all circuits except flashers.

Bypass stop & tail only.

2001 on V40 use a full bypass relay on 12n to prevent bulb failure warning"

Hope this helps, as a towbar fitter myself i use this info everyday and find it invaluable ,

Cheers Pete
Thanks Pete, unfortunately the plug is there but it is only 4 pin; live, stop, lights and black ( earth I presume), also no sign of a relay !! any thoughts?.

On a different note, I am going to wire up a 'S' type plug on my Passat Estate. It is a 51 plate 130 sport. I have bought a Smart relay from Towsure, as it doesn't need to be wired to the alternator. I believe I need to wire it to the fuse box for the permenant live. My question is where on the fuse box do I connect it? I have found the fuse box now, and I think I can feed the cable as far as the rear seat without too much bother, but I am not sure how to get it from there to the rear os compartment, where I intend fitting the relay. Any advice would be very welcome

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts