Volvo V70 Petrol

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi

As some of the regulars on here will notice I am looking at a range of new cars to replace my trusty 406. My caravan is 1400kgs and I have been offered the chance of a 2003 V70 estate 2.4 petrol can anyone give me any advice with regard to Mpg kerbweight and towing limits etc and generally how well this car would tow.

Many Thanks!!

Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
Hi a mate of mine had one of these he didnt tow a van but really rated the car, best place to look is on a web site called "Honest John" they tell you the good and the bad of all makes of cars and what to look out for.

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I tow with a V7o petrol 2.4 automatic. You can tow up to 1850 kerb weight, but lighter would be more comfortable. I do about a hundred miles on half a tank, about forty pounds, towing about 1280 laden weight for caravan and full family and dogs and top box. You would get better consumption from a manual, as being auto I have to tow in fourth gear tops to mantain transmission.

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hi Have towed a 1400Kg van with a V70 170bhp manual petrol. The match was ideal - very stable. Only downside is fuel consumption - only 20mpg at best. I also found that it was better to stick in 4th and not bother with 5th gear.

Have revently changed car for a V70 D5 Auto which has addressed the above minor issues.

Hope this helps

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts