Jan 22, 2006
Visit site
Thinking about buying a v70 only problem is the rear suspension when towing is there anything i can buy to stop the rear end, from dropping to much with the weight of the caravan.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hello Simon,

Im not quite sure what you mean about that, as i have towed with a V70 for over 3 years. The past 2 years i have towed a twin axle caravan & currently have the D5 diesel engine which is brilliant.My caravan MIRO is 1348KG & the MTPLM is 1740KG

I have never had a problem with this at all so i should not worry about it just make sure your caravan is loaded properly.

Hope that puts your mind at ease a bit.

Regards

David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Don't worry, you're not alone in having a soggy back end. The same applies to my car too(!) However, when I bought both my previous two towcars, I was told by biased and unbiased sources that the back end should not sag, but when you have 4 people in the car, 80kg on the towball, a boot full of awning and barbaque, and 4 bikes on the roof, the steering has felt light and the tyres have been in the arches.

I partially solved this on the first car - a Vauxhall Vectra hatch - by fitting the rubber doughnuts to the rear suspension, which improved stability and made the car ride higher when towing, but affected solo ride and body control.

On my current car - a Rover 75 Estate - I have fitted progressive auxillary springs from a company called MAD, and they have affected the solo ride little - if anything, it is more composed - and the car now rides higher when loaded, and feels less wallowy when towing. I am about to tow to France tomorrow, so when I get back I will let you know how they work.

If it is an older V70 you are looking for, then fitting newer springs might help. However, I would recommend the latter, for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts