VW Touareg v Toyota Land Cruiser

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
What an impossible question, both vehicles are excellent in both build quality and performance. Having driven both I can only offer the following advice, the VW is a more refined drive whilst the Toyota is more like an off roader. The plus for the Toyota is the additional 500cc which would help with towing. Both vehicles are good in the reliability department but I think on balance I would go with the larger engine.

Answer .. Get the VW with the 3 litre engine or the V10 ( if only).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Paul,

I test drove both and got the Touareg 2.5TDI Auto. The build quality is much better and feels like it is made from granite.

It tows really well and returns about 25mpg while towing, about 30mpg without. There are lots of bells and whistles in the VW and the sat nav is a dream.

You also get a day out on VW to been shown what the car can do, a half day on the track and a half day up to the axles in mud. I went to an estate in Gloustershire. Fantastic day out and all in VW's own cars!

The other advantage with the VW is that it is not as high as a lot of 4x4's and you can get into multi story car parks etc.

Kerbweight is 2500kg so it will tow anything on the market.

Great car! Try it.

Hope this helps

Mark

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Depends what you want it for. Toyota is better off road, the VW more luxurious. Disco 3 would be good consideration but I'm biased! Certainly better offroad than either, airsuspension is great for towing. It has a nicer feel than the Toyota, but not as good inside as the VW.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts