Walk&Talk...Mobile Phones

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Maybe someone here can enlighten me because I'm totally complexed.

I've been watching various people,(mainly males) talking on their mobile phone.

Why do they have to walk around whilst talking??.

Round and round....stop...kick a stone....reverse....take a few more steps.....stop.....lean on a barrier in car park....walk off again....stop....look around.....walk around again....etc etc....

I find it quite comical but would love to know why they do it.

Maybe because there are no wires attached so feel the need to keep moving?

Making sure they get the best signal?.

Any ideas?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Maybe someone here can enlighten me because I'm totally complexed.

I've been watching various people,(mainly males) talking on their mobile phone.

Why do they have to walk around whilst talking??.

Round and round....stop...kick a stone....reverse....take a few more steps.....stop.....lean on a barrier in car park....walk off again....stop....look around.....walk around again....etc etc....

I find it quite comical but would love to know why they do it.

Maybe because there are no wires attached so feel the need to keep moving?

Making sure they get the best signal?.

Any ideas?
Helps prevent a D VT. 😱 You would have perhaps seen me yesterday at a A429 lay by north of Moreton in Marsh, M1 Leicester Forest East Services or Cirencester MacDonalds

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I thought the female sex made the male look like amateurs? Have you ever had someone with their head down looking at their phone while walking then walk into you and then give you a dirty look as if you are at fault?

Reactions: GeorgeandAde

JTQ

May 7, 2005
Visit site
Bit like questioning why people still gesticulate and use facial communications whist on a phone, its what we do, and certainly not exclusively a male or even female thing.

Reactions: JezzerB
Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
My daughter in law works normally up the city but as of the lockdown she has been working from home these last few months. I was quite amazed what can be done like this . I told her about the constant sitting down and found she is so busy holding conferences and such like does not get the time unlike at her job space she might go from one office to another and lunch time go with friends for lunch.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It is walking down the street doing that or even worse texting that is the problem. If you are using the phone then you lose concentration and that is dangerous. Having said that using it while driving is downright dangerous and should have an automatic jail sentence if convicted. For those who think that is over the top I know of examples where this has resulted n death and serious injury through the selfishness of the user.

Reactions: JezzerB

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts