Wanted;site recommendations in/around Blackpool please

Jun 20, 2007
Visit site
We are thinking of visitng Blackpool for a break in April.Both of us have never been there before and dont know the area.My husband is disabled so easy access and disabilty facilities are required.Does not need to be central to blackpool just relatively near.All suggestions will be gratefully recieved.

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Hi Alan & Christine, The only sites we have visited in near Blackpool has been Kneps farm, its at Thornton nr Cleveleys, the views aren't great due to a large chemical plant nearby but the site itself is ok. As far as I remember the pitches were of a good size either grass or hard standing , the toilet shower facilities were excellent all individual bathrooms, I think access disability wise was ok but I'm sure you can check on that with the site.

The other site is the caravan club site that's situated at the other side of blackpool close to the end of the M55 motorway, obviously this is the usual CC standard as are the disabled facilities, not far out of town and easy to get to Starr gate for trams or buses etc.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
IF you are a caravan club member try BLACKPOOL SOUTH site ,It is easy to get to from the motorway .The site is to the usual caravan club standards .Hope this is of help to you both. If i can be of any more help ,we know the area quite well so just shout. PS BIG tesco near by

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Alan & Christine

The CC site will be ideal for you. I never realised the site was so nice! I live quite close and would not normally go to Blackpool but needed a nearby site one weekend. I was pleasantly surprised!

DavidC

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Alan & Christine

The CC site will be ideal for you. I never realised the site was so nice! I live quite close and would not normally go to Blackpool but needed a nearby site one weekend. I was pleasantly surprised!

DavidC

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts