Wardrobe rails!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I am sick of arriving at a destination to find the contents of my wardrobe on the floor all crumpled. Does anyone have any tips about how to keep clothes on hangers on the wardrobe rail in transit. Help appreciated.

Caroline

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If your rail is round in section ......

Get a light piece of wood the same length as the rail. Screw a pipe clip (white nylon style) to each end, and clip it onto the rail when you travel.

Or double up clothes on the hangers to make them heavier.

Or get some foam rubber the same length as the rail, to fit between the rail and the top of the wardrobe. Fasten to the rail with Velcro.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Two large cup hooks screwed into the side walls low down. Pass a piese of bungee chord through all of the hangers, stretch a bit and fix it to the cup hooks, or over the hanging rail. This keeps thge hangers or rail under increased downward tension.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We put a length of foam pipe rack over the top of the coat hangers with the two end ones over the foam.

We have travelled to Spain etc with all clothes still on the rail

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Elastic bands....... the kind your Postman leaves littered on your drive or doorstep. Simply loop the round the neck and back through on themself to attach to the hanger. Hang on rail, loop band over rail and back onto hanger, He presto... everthing still in place after the most bumpy roads!

Graham F

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thick black pipe insulation foam, cut to the length of the wardrobe rail, wedged firmly between the rail and the ceiling of the wardrobe. Does the trick every time.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I know this probably is a useless piece of information an observation really but- our last caravan had a rail that went across the width if you see what i mean and everything always fell off. Our new caravan has the rail running front to back along the length and we have just toured for 3000 miles in france and nothing fell off!!

Another Caroline

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just to confuse the issue, the rail in our last 'van went across ways, but this run runs front to back. We've never had any hangers fall off in either van.

We do rather pack out the clothes in the wardrobe though, so perhaps they don't have room to move too much.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We put a length of foam pipe rack over the top of the coat hangers with the two end ones over the foam.

We have travelled to Spain etc with all clothes still on the rail
hi yes we also used pipe lagging worked fine for us on our 4500 mile trip

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

I agree with Graham's comments. I had the same problem a couple of year,s ago and I can't remember who replied,it could have been Graham, not sure. the idia works great, nothing falls of the rails (except me,but thats typical of most caravanners)Cheap,simple,adaptable and effective.

Rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
take 2 hangers with the hooks facing opposite way, and put elastic band round the necks,then pull apart to hang on rail and they cant possibly fall off because the 2 hooks facing each other form a complete hoop, BINGO!

Jul 28, 2005
Visit site
Buy some decent hangers with really deep hooks - I got mine from Woolworths and have never had one fall off in transit........mind you I usually take far too much so there isn't usually any room for movement!

Jul 17, 2005
Visit site
Depending on type of rail but on my van the rail was metal which I drilled small holes through the rail big enough to accomadate coat hanger hooks in my case problem solved

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts