WAREHAM FOREST

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
thinking of booking here in June.

any bad /good comments?

looking for quiet woodland site with direct access to forest walks with our dog, hope this fits the bill?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sarah,this site is absolutely magic for what you want!Your post just described the site, especially mid-week.Gets busy at weekends, but spacious enough still to be pleasant,and I'm very much a CL man, so this praise indeed.For the dog walk,go to the bottom of the site,turn leftand walk until your feet fall off and probably not see a soul!At the top of the hill,turn right, then right again down a very small path and there is a hidden pond for the dog to swim.It's above the path on the left and easy to miss,so look out for it after about 100 yds.Nearest pub is "the Silent Woman", but I wouldn't recommend it!

I've just realised that you may be talking about the CC site.If so,forget all that, cos that describes the Wareham Forest Park site!!Doh!

This

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Another quiet site near to Wareham Forest is Pear Tree Farm in Sandford. Very clean toilet/shower facilities and peaceful. village pub approx. 10 minute walk away which serves very nice meals at a reasonable cost. Dog walk to rear of site and takes you into the forest - up to you how far you walk. Not far into Wareham and also beautiful riverside walks either down stream to Poole or up stream to ????. Very nice area for quiet holidays with a pet.

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Sarah,this site is absolutely magic for what you want!Your post just described the site, especially mid-week.Gets busy at weekends, but spacious enough still to be pleasant,and I'm very much a CL man, so this praise indeed.For the dog walk,go to the bottom of the site,turn leftand walk until your feet fall off and probably not see a soul!At the top of the hill,turn right, then right again down a very small path and there is a hidden pond for the dog to swim.It's above the path on the left and easy to miss,so look out for it after about 100 yds.Nearest pub is "the Silent Woman", but I wouldn't recommend it!

I've just realised that you may be talking about the CC site.If so,forget all that, cos that describes the Wareham Forest Park site!!Doh!

This
hey emmerson, im on about wareham forest tourist park at north trigon. is that the one you were describing? if it was it sounds perfect.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hey emmerson, im on about wareham forest tourist park at north trigon. is that the one you were describing? if it was it sounds perfect.
Yes Sarah, it is. Sorry to be so long in replying,but I had to look it up!Their website is www.wareham-forest.co.uk

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sarah

Wareham forest was a great site, but if you have kids they may be disapointed by the childrens play area.

The walks are fantastic, my main concern of the site is it's not very pushchair/wheelchair friendly due to all the gravel. (Sooo much)

The shop also leaves a bit to be desired.

When we went the takeaway/pool cafe wasn't open (and we went high season)

All in all though spotless.

Would reccomend if you have no wheels to push.

Good luck.

Simon

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
thanks simon, will bear it in mind. think we will definetly visit, but we dont plan to go in high season...just short weekend break in may/june

Mar 31, 2005
Visit site
Sarah, We stayed at wareham forest last year with the dog and it was absolutely brill. The walks around the site where great and just down the road is another great walk, it comes highly recommended. Good walking

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
sounds great Ian,..gotta think of the dog you see !!

i have already e mailed the site for availability so plan to book it asap.

we have decided on the "east field area" of the site (as on their website)..as this says it has direct access to forest walks from here, so hopefully this will be further away from the amenities and hence - quieter! thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Had a week on my own at Wareham Forest Touring Park at the end of March. Brilliant! Serviced pitch, wake up to bird song in the morning, walks and bike rides straight off the park and the staff very friendly. Highly recommended

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts