Warranty Conditions. (From No new ICE cars from 2030)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Following on from the No new cars thread has drifted into a discuaaion about warranty terms

My projector night alarm clock says do not return to seller if faulty. contact manufacturer direct.
Clive , you have now introduced another type of warranty, insurance backed. I’d been thinking about the warranty / guarantee from new sponsored by the manufacturer.
Maybe we do need a new thread. Some very interesting good views aired but nothing to do with EV or ICE.
Damian /Parksy🤔🤔🤔🤔

If the clock was sold in the UK, then the instruction is not valid and is contrary to your statutory legal rights that tells you should return faulty goods to the seller, as that is where your contract rests. No instruction from a manufacture can over ride your lawful rites with the seller.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Fully agree Prof but that’s how it is. The return address is in the UK. Ultimately , yes, CRA rights against the seller but I guess this is all about trying to help the customer?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Following on from the No new cars thread has drifted into a discuaaion about warranty terms

If the clock was sold in the UK, then the instruction is not valid and is contrary to your statutory legal rights that tells you should return faulty goods to the seller, as that is where your contract rests. No instruction from a manufacture can over ride your lawful rites with the seller.

I had a Timex alarm go faulty after two years and that too said contact Timex UK. I did and after sending them my receipt I received a better one by return. I think I would not have received such good service from the Seller given it was two years after purchase. Nothing I did undermined my statutory rights but I don’t even think I would have bothered returning it to the Seller. Too much hassle for the money involved.

Reactions: Dustydog
May 7, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing to stop you enforcing your rights against the retailer but if the manufacturer is in the UK and is willing to repair or replace then that is a valid option.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If the instruction unconditionally states the goods "MUST NOT" be returned to the seller, that is contrary to your statutory rights, But if the the instruction said something to the effect of "To use your manufacturers warranty send the goods to ..... "then that's fine. But no manufacturer must prevent you using your statutory rites - that is key principle of the CRA.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We had a Vax, carpet cleaner, which after very hard use by our boys at Uni, cleaning houses prior to leaving, it gave up 6 months befor the 4 or 5 year warranty,
After requsting a repair, Vax asked us to send it to their repair center, who stated if they could not repair, a new item would be sent.
Two weeks later a new Vaxs carpet cleaner arrived with a proof of purchase and another 5 year guarantee.
Very happy.

Slightly better than my Coachmans, rear panel, replaced at the factory after 3 years, and all panels re sealed.

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
We had similar from Dyson . Our 4month old v10kept stopping. Dyson felt we had washed the filter and used it before it dried hence wetting the motor. New motor was sent out with easy instructions for me to replace it. Amazing service. They didn't want the old part back and it was all done over the phone.

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts