Wash Room

Mar 22, 2005
Visit site
Hi

How easy is it to convert a washroom with just a wash basin and porta potti, into a waterproof shower room with tray etc....any tips.

Thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
It really depends upon your DIY skills. Probably the walls are already covered with a waterproof material, but you will need to seal every corner with silicone mastic. Then you'll need to find a shower tray which is a close fit to at least three of the walls, so that it can be sealed at the edges. Then you'll need to buy a shower head and either fit it as an extra, or modify the taps at the sink. The outlet will need cutting through the floor, after making sure that bearers or chassis members are not in the way.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
diy is fine in caravans,but remember your van has been designed without the shower and has been finely balanced throughout gegardig the weight ratio.you are now going to add extra weight to the REAR of the van this will almost certainly upset the balance and could possibly have an effect on the vans stabilitytake some advice before you begin

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
I really do wonder how much 'design' goes into your average caravan these days. A lot less than we'd like to think. If that were not so, we wouldn't end up with some vans already at very nearly maximum noseweight before any of the kit designed to live in the front locker, is put in there.

Mar 22, 2005
Visit site
I really do wonder how much 'design' goes into your average caravan these days. A lot less than we'd like to think. If that were not so, we wouldn't end up with some vans already at very nearly maximum noseweight before any of the kit designed to live in the front locker, is put in there.
Thank you for your advice

J.

Mar 22, 2005
Visit site
diy is fine in caravans,but remember your van has been designed without the shower and has been finely balanced throughout gegardig the weight ratio.you are now going to add extra weight to the REAR of the van this will almost certainly upset the balance and could possibly have an effect on the vans stabilitytake some advice before you begin
Thanks for your concern, however the van is on a permanent pitch, so if it was towing you were advising me on, then we don't have this problem....Thanks anyway and will take this advice on board.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
HI, I have seen an advert in the Feb. issue of the CC Magizine for a reversing aid for the car called The Third Eye has anyone fitted one of these, how easy was it, and is it worth the money, Thanks Allan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts