Washing caravan roof

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi. New member returning to caravanning after a long break. Been washing van after 2 werks away. Roof is v diff to clean fully. Black spots remaining. Help pls ....

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
use a plastic spray bottle (£1 from Wiklinsons) to spray neat caravan shampoo over a wet roof and leave it to stand for a couple of minutes.
Agitate the shampoo with a brush to remove the black marks and rinse off with a hose.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
A long handled brush that connects to a hose pipe works for us using a step ladder to get the height. If you have to wash it when it is in storage then you can use the brush and a bucket with in our case car shampoo.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Similar but slightly different to above. Soft bristle brush with extendable long handle but don't bother connecting it to the hose. I give the whole van a quick hose down before starting then mix up a solution of Fenwicks in a bucket and using a plastic jug liberally throw some of the solution over the roof and leave to soak for a couple of minutes. Not nearly so neat and precise as Parksy but still works. Then get the brush going followed by a rinse off. Generally use stepladders at the side of the van, but can reach some parts of the roof from inside the van via roof Windows and smaller set of steps. I've read of some folk using ladders propped against the top edge of van padded with towels to prevent damage. Did try it once a long while go with no apparent ill effect on the van but didn't feel comfortable doing this although it did make access to the roof a lot easier than the step ladders because of the uneven ground surface around my van. Remember, safety first when up any ladder, better a grubby caravan than a broken head.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Fenwicks concentrated black streak remover. A sponge with the nylon pad.
A very safe set of ladders. Rinse water bucket and sponge. 0lenty of ebony grease.
Once dry use a good polish eg autogym.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Fenwicks concentrated black streak remover. A sponge with the nylon pad.
A very safe set of ladders. Rinse water bucket and sponge. 0lenty of ebony grease.
Once dry use a good polish eg autogym.

The black streak remover is neat Fenwicks, or if there's a difference neat Fenwicks shampoo applied as I described earlier gets rid of black streaks ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts