Washing caravan

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We are looking for a fairly decent wash brush where the head doesn't continually swivel around every time you use it. Over the years I have binned at least two of these brushes. The brushes are okay for the first two or three washes and then the heads start swiveling so for now have given up on attempting washing the caravan. Extremely annoying. Granted the brushes were all under £20. As the brush is soft I have used it on the car.

Ideally I would like to snow foam the caravan, car or even conservatory, wash off the foam and then shampoo using the brush with a final rinse. It is easier for me to hold the brush than to hold a sponge and once the sponge once slips out of my hand onto the floor, it then needs to be binned. Obviously when the brush is compacted it should not be too long with the possibility of perhaps being able to carry it in the caravan front locker.

Any suggestions for a brush that does not go into swivel mode?

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Can't really suggest anything but I have one if those extending brushes that connects to a hose.

Probably not what you're after, but the head on it screws in and would rotate round annoyingly during use. I just drilled a small hole in the head and put in a small self tapping screw. Been fine ever since.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I did the same as Sam to stop heads rotating, but my biggest gripe was that the water connections to the hose weren’t sufficiently robust particularly up a ladder doing the roof.

Reactions: Buckman
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I did the same as Sam to stop heads rotating, but my biggest gripe was that the water connections to the hose weren’t sufficiently robust particularly up a ladder doing the roof.
The one and only time I tried with the hose connected, I think I got more water on myself than on the caravan.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Or maybe silicone (or sikaflex) the brush head to the handle - but I agree with others it is the connection to the hose that is the most frustrating - so I purchased an oval bucket so I could dunk the whole head and lift to roof height even when on my steps!

Reactions: Buckman

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Some folks use a “noodle”head mop instead of a brush and say it is much better. Don’t think you can use a hose with them and not tried one myself.
Mel

Reactions: Deejuk
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Some folks use a “noodle”head mop instead of a brush and say it is much better. Don’t think you can use a hose with them and not tried one myself.
Mel
Basically it seems to be a mop head. I would avoid using one on a car or caravan as you may scratch the paint work with the head where it attaches to the pole.

TRENDING THREADS