WASTE WATER

Aug 14, 2006
Visit site
I was on a site in Darlington two weeks ago and when on site i noticed i was one of the few who used a container to catch my dirty water, most others used a home made device it was a piece of drainpipe with two holes for the grey tube to fit into and a series of small holes for the water to trickle out also tis device was stuffed with mesh to collect any solids, has anyone else used this and are they legal to use as it would save a lot of bother emptying the wastemaster.

Nov 29, 2007
Visit site
Whilst I have never used this method of disposing of my grey water I have been on lots of CLs where the owner has told me to empty my waste master under a hedge. They say it is to water the hedge but I'm inclined to think it's a cost saving exercise as all these sites have a septic tank which the owner pays to have emptied. I must admit to feeling uneasy disposing like this as there is always a bit of food etc from the washing up which finds it's way uunder the hedge eventualy.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Any bits of food will soon rot down or be eaten by insects,birds etc and the water does help the hedges,in France and other hot places you are often asked to do this as water is always in short supply.The pipes described were common a few years back and are usually stuffed with straw so only water goes on the ground which is fine but can create a very wet pitch,but having said that no more than if it rains I guess.

May 9, 2008
Visit site
Putting under hedges etc sounds a good idea as all the water that goes into a septic tank drains away into a soakaway and should just leave the nasty bits behind at the bottom with some water, so by putting it under the hedge your doing the same sort of thing.

Its better than the guy last week that poured his down a drain but emptied it far too quick for the drain to take and it ran through my pitch, delightful!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts