Water Dripping rear left corner Bailey GT65 Verona 2014

Jun 26, 2024
Visit site
Hi all, We park our van on the drive with the rear at the bottom of the slope. I recently adjusted the Whale Pump pressure as had issues with pump last time out.
Pressure much better and pump turns on and off no issues. I noticed that when the taps are running there is a slow drip from the exterior bottom corner valance/trim on the toilet side.
I have opened the interior trim in the corner near the toilet and both pipes are intact and dry. The waste water is not tracking along the trim, it seems to be coming from inside but all seems dry from the water heater to the corner. Its also dry from the rear sink to the corner. Any suggestions before I take out the fridge to check the pipes in the kitchen ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Many water inlet systems rely on fittings that use "O rings" to seal the hose plug. The o rings can become dry and crack, sometimes lubricating the ring prolongs its life.

The other problem can be as plastics get older they can become brittle and the fitting might be cracked. But almost any joint of fitting could be leaking,

You tell us you have a pressure switch, and that you have resolved one problem, and now it seems to function normally. This is important, becasue it eliminates pipe work leaks on the pressurised side.

If you had a leak on the high pressure side of the pumps non return valve pump, over a few minuets the pressure in the pipe work would drop, which would cause the pump to turn on to re boost the pressure. If the pump is not cycling every few minuet's , that means there is no leak on the pressurised side.

The water must be coming from a part of the system which is not continuously pressurised. This could be from the pumps water inlet in the side of the caravan, or from any of the taps on the outflow sid of their valves.

I obviously cant tell you which. But I do need to ad a note about gas safety:

The removal or replacement of any gas appliance in touring caravans should only be carried out by a person who can do so in accordance with the recognised standards and methods of test for safety and correct function.

Reactions: Aveit
Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
I had a similar issue with the a MH. After much searching, and head scratching it turned out to be the kitchen tap!
It was a swivel tap and inside the swivel part were a couple of neoprene O rings. The bottom one leaked slightly, but ONLY when the tap was opened and the O ring was under pressure!,Hence the long time looking for it (who checks a tap when water is running?)
Worth checking eh?,

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Not sure of the layout of your van but if water is dripping after running the taps is it possible that an outlet is leaking - for example the corrugated pipe coming adrift at the plughole connection beneath the basin?

Reactions: Aveit
Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
My guess is that this is rain water, the exterior locker for the GT65 range is IMO not fit for purpose, the hinge is on the bottom edge which means that rain can enter the locker, it then slowly fills up the area below the toilet cassette, when this reaches critical mass it overflows into the bathroom.
If you take the loo cassette out, you will see two recesses , these fill up with water. the seal between the toilet cassette and the inside of the 'van is non existent

After cleaning the rubber seal around the locker, fitting a new seal, fitting an additional seal, crying a lot I finally fixed the issue by adding some Fiamma awning drip stop above the locker door.
A new door may have resolved the issue for a while, but I did not want to go to that expense and hassle

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
My guess is that this is rain water, the exterior locker for the GT65 range is IMO not fit for purpose, the hinge is on the bottom edge which means that rain can enter the locker, it then slowly fills up the area below the toilet cassette, when this reaches critical mass it overflows into the bathroom.
If you take the loo cassette out, you will see two recesses , these fill up with water. the seal between the toilet cassette and the inside of the 'van is non existent

After cleaning the rubber seal around the locker, fitting a new seal, fitting an additional seal, crying a lot I finally fixed the issue by adding some Fiamma awning drip stop above the locker door.
A new door may have resolved the issue for a while, but I did not want to go to that expense and hassle

But the leak isn't rain water jn the toilet area.....

I noticed that when the taps are running there is a slow drip from the exterior bottom corner valance/trim on the toilet side.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The kitchen taps to the toilet side corner is a long way! If you remove the fridge exterior covers you should be able to see the tap and pipes and test for leaks. I assume the cupboard next to the fridge and the wardrobes are dry?
Try and do your testing with the water connected and pump running. It could possibly be a leaking waste pipe?

Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
But the leak isn't rain water jn the toilet area.....

I noticed that when the taps are running there is a slow drip from the exterior bottom corner valance/trim on the toilet side.
I thought the same when I was having a similar issue, but it turned out to be something other than the taps

I have opened the interior trim in the corner near the toilet and both pipes are intact and dry. The waste water is not tracking along the trim

Apr 2, 2020
Visit site
I had a similar issue and eventually traced it to the blue pipe in the whale socket coming loose - only drips when the pump is running. Took the socket apart and re-glued the pipe and all was good then.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts