Water inlet external flap

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
My 2006 Bailey Senator Vermont has developed a crack on the hinged flap, cover of the water inlet connection on the side of the van. It is running horizontally along the hinge pin line. My local dealer tells me I have to buy a complete new connection unit at vast bucks. Although I will concoct some sort of temporary repair to prevent complete failure I will need to replace the flap or even fit a complete unit. Anyone got any alternative solutions or know wher I can get a spare flap?

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Just a thought but:

You could try using this to melt the plastic back together over the crack itself ( on both sides ) i have one myself .....

Apr 17, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mick; I had a similar problem, although my 'van is older than yours. You could try this URL - http://www.caravanaccessoryshop.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=1402

If this is not the correct item, they may be able to supply the correct one.

I should mention I have no connection with the seller whatsoever.

Enjoy your holidays

Trevor M

Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
My bailey ranger had the same problem, the flap broke off. Local dealer said buy new unit but in fact when out at another dealer we asked the workshop if they had a spare and they gave us a " second hand" one for free. it's worth asking !

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
you do not have to buy a new unit the doorflaps are replacable as an aftermarket product and come in diferent sizes that fit most units the flaps are plain without a logo and come in white or cream they are replaced by pushing out the two platitic hinge pins with the blunt end of a smalldrill from inside to out dont lose the pins as they dont come with the new door and beware when replacing the pins dont push them in too far as they are wedge shaped and will split the new door if inserted too far. did my whale door flap before we left in may so I know they are available

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks to everyone who responded to my query. I have now had a replacement flap sent to me by Whale Pumps (bless them) and I have fitted it OK. For anyone with the same problem, you have to remove the outer rim of the unit housing and push out the flap backwards. On my van there was enough spare water hose to remove the unit to work on without disconnecting supply pipe. The flap hinges are a push fit inside the rim. There are no pins to remove and the job is straight forward but you need to re-seal the unit housing to the caravan sidewall.

Don't always believe what dealers tell you!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts