Water Preasure

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We own a Coachman 520/4 and decided to buy a Whale direct water pipe feed to the Caravan to save filling the water container. but what we found was the preasure when using the shower was really no more than a tricle it seems to work fine when using either hot or cold but when used together its useless can anyone help

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Tim, Your description suggests that you have fault somewhere. This could be insufficient water delivery from the supply tap, or the hose system could be faulty, or there could be a restriction somewhere in your caravan. Does the same problem occur with all water supplies? Or is it just one tap? Do you have a problem when using the caravan pump? Be sure the problem doesn't lie elsewhere before blaming the hose. If you are satisfied the hose is at fault then return it to your supplier (not the manufacture) as "not fit for purpose". You are entitled to your money back. Bear in mind that the hose may be faulty so a replacement may be satisfactory.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I would appear that there is a restriction somwhere beyond the point where hot and cold water is mixed (i.e. the tap), resulting in excessive back pressure. Perhaps this is only a build-up of scale which is easily removed. Otherwise, you may need to install a return flow valve in either the hot or cold water supply (or both).

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We had the same problem and ended up getting the Aquaroll mains adaptor which basically keeps the aquaroll 3/4 full. You then use the caravan water pump. Work perfectly.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I also have a coachman 520/4 genius and had the same problem so upon investigation I found that the pressure switch was adjustable so I turned it up a little bit at a time until the pressure was right and found this cured the problem and it has been right since.

The pressure switch is under the seat near the water inlet, the water pipe runs through it and it has a little knob on top which can be turned hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts