water pump problem

Apr 25, 2006
Visit site
i wondered if anyone knows why my water pump wont switch off i have a swift challenger 1988, the water pump runs off the battery and as soon as i connect the battery up the water pump starts but to stop it i have to disconnect the battery totally. So should i have a switch somewhere because i cant find one if so how can i fit one please someone help me we are first timers and dont know a fat lot haha

May 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi Kerry,

Allan's suggestion is probably the answer. I had a stuck micro-switch on a tap and was advised to switch the tap on and off quite vigourously several times and, eventually, it came disconnected.

When your pump is running doesn't water come from any of your taps? If so then that is where the stuck or defective switch is. (Hope you are not running the pump dry). The micro switch will be located under the tap and is usually quite straightforward to replace. Rob.

Apr 25, 2006
Visit site
Hi Kerry,

Allan's suggestion is probably the answer. I had a stuck micro-switch on a tap and was advised to switch the tap on and off quite vigourously several times and, eventually, it came disconnected.

When your pump is running doesn't water come from any of your taps? If so then that is where the stuck or defective switch is. (Hope you are not running the pump dry). The micro switch will be located under the tap and is usually quite straightforward to replace. Rob.
thanks very much guys thats great how much are these switches and where do i get them from ? many thanks kerry

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts