Feb 19, 2006
Visit site
I have an Adria 502DK, which has a water container in the front boot. I remove the container to fill it with water then put it back in the boot (difficult when full of water). The filter / pump drops into the container and is conected directly to water heater inside the caravan. I would like to convert this over to a standard "UK" style system - using an aquaroll and external filter / pump. I have seen kits which will require me to cut a hole in the side of my caravan to fit the unit, from the outside I can then use an aquaroll. However, I am unsure how to connect up internally. I have a plastic filter / pump attached to the end of a rubber hose, I presume I remove the plastic filter / pump and connect the hose securely to the new unit. I have a single wire running alongside the hose - I presume this will hold +ve and -ve cables that I also connect to the unit, how do I know which is +ve and -ve ? any advice on doing this job would be appreciated...many thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
callum, You can of course go thr whole hog and buy a inlet housing for a whale type pump or similar which can include a filter if you want. This though could be a little expensive.

I had a friend who had the same problem as yourself and all we did was cut a circular hole in the caravan floor for the pump to drop through. We then disconnected the pump (water and electric) and extended the hose and wires so that the pump would reach into the top of the aqua roll. From what I remember the pump wasn't bothered about the polarity it worked with wires connected either way round. If you are worried trace the wires back to the source before you disconnect them and check with a meter for polarity.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts