Water system inlet forcing water out

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I own a 2002 Lunar Solar with an old Truma Crystal Mk2 submersible pump and connections. I have to wiggle the connection to make the pump start and when the tank fills the pump keeps tapping as if to build pressure. As it tries to build pressure it forces water out from the outside connection. I have checked o-ring on connector and played with the pressure switch but nothing seems to remedy it. Been thinking of replacing the connections on the caravan to the new pistol grip connections but not sure if that is the problem. Any ideas thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
matvernau said:
Hi, I own a 2002 Lunar Solar with an old Truma Crystal Mk2 submersible pump and connections. I have to wiggle the connection to make the pump start and when the tank fills the pump keeps tapping as if to build pressure. As it tries to build pressure it forces water out from the outside connection. I have checked o-ring on connector and played with the pressure switch but nothing seems to remedy it. Been thinking of replacing the connections on the caravan to the new pistol grip connections but not sure if that is the problem. Any ideas thanks.

Hello Matvermau,
If the inlet panel on the side of the caravan is leaking when the pump is running, it certainly suggest something may have gone awry. These fitting tend to be very sensitive to splitting if they get frozen over winter, which its so important to ensure the water is fully drained for winter storage.

You might be lucky and find some replacement parts for your current fitting on a dealers shelf, but more likely you will need to replace it with a more modern one.

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Thought that might be the case. Heard also could be return value and diaphragm malfunction so might have to replace all. Going away in the van in August so hope I can sort it by then......

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello Matvernau.Now before you try anything else I have a suggestion for you as this is a similar problem I had my answer was simple.On your trigger that insert to the caravan ,where you will find the O ring just put a smear of cooking oilon the O ring you can even put the oil over the pump where it enters the caravan but only a smear.You should find that the head of the pump will slide in easier and will fit better.Mine had just got dry .After that little cooking oil job all was well.

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I had the "needs to wiggle to start" problem on my Truma. The answer was to clean the electrical connections on both the van and the pump plug, I found a few cotton buds dipped in vinegar did the trick. Then have a look at the "prongs" in the plug - they have an X-cut in the end like the prongs on your 7N plug, use a small screwdriver to gently open up the x-cut so the prongs make a tighter fit in the socket.

I did this every six months or so for a couple of years and it kept everything moving OK - then I found a replacement plug assembly on eBay, just the white bit on the end of the pump hose that goes into the caravan socket. I can't remember how much it was but it was certainly cheaper than a whole new pump assembly.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
SirRogerFFS said:
Hang on Prof we didnt have a winter this year not cold enough to freeze the bird bath

Quite so, but the fittings seem to become a little brittle with age,and can easily crack or split, but frost is a real killer. :(

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts