Wax/sealant for roof

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The start of the season is not far off for me :) so going down to the storage site(indoor) to get the van ready to go and give it a good clean and polish :( but going to check all the seals on the roof then give it a good waxing , so lady/gents what is the best sealant and wax to use, was going to use Simoniz Original Hard Wax and put it on really thick not bother what it looks like. as No one can see it as long it does its job for the year ;)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
There are a great many different pro]ducts which will do the job, it all comes down to personal preference and how much effort and the amount of time you want to allow for the job. I haven't tried any of the hard paste waxes yet so can make no valid recommendation.
I have been using Meguiars Stage 3 on the body of my caravan which provides good long lasting protection but recently I've tried polymer based sealants on my car which can be quickly and easily applied. I've also used Simoniz Speed Wax on the car which contains carnauba but to be honest although I regularly shampoo wash the roof of the caravan I never bother to wax it, there are lots of hydrophobic car shampoo products which could save you the trouble.

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
Remember if you have a Bailey, certainly of alu tech construction, do not use any polishing products containing carnauba as per in the handbook.

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Thanks gents I remember reading somewhere bailey's and carnauba do's and don'ts but I don't that applies to the gt60 ranger series . I know they recommend Auto gylm but they don't do a hard wax any thoughts on the sealers that are about as no doubt I will need it as the van is now 5 yrs old

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
gravesyt said:
Thanks gents I remember reading somewhere bailey's and carnauba do's and don'ts but I don't that applies to the gt60 ranger series . I know they recommend Auto gylm but they don't do a hard wax any thoughts on the sealers that are about as no doubt I will need it as the van is now 5 yrs old

Double check on the GT60 it may pay to email the Bailey technical team? If your sealant is still pliable you'll be okay. should do a good 10 years or so.

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I asked at the dealer when our 'van went for service last year. They confirmed that Autoglym is OK and I polished the van with this before the winter cover went on.
I've used Autoglym on both cars for may years. I've tried other products but have always gone back to Autoglym. :cheer:

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
same here I used auto glym for the last 10 yrs on my car and the van .but I just want something that gives extra protection on the roof of the van out of sight out of mind I am a belt and braces person (and gents I don.t wear braces :lol:eek:r the pants she has them on ) but have just been give a box of supaguard sponges :) so the will bee used this year

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
that's what I ended up doing i used autoglym super resin polish then I used bilt-hamber double speed wax which I will do a second coat at the week end when my arms recover that should do it for the season :)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I have my Pajero Towing car, the caravan of course and also a two year old Ford Fiesta Titanium which I bought just before Christmas which I use as my local runabout.
I've started to use detailing products on the Fiesta and the results so far are quite encouraging. Hydrophobic Car Shampoo followed by a coating of Simoniz Liquid Wax sealed with a polymer sealant spray has left a protective coating which repels water and grime.
I have a tin of Colinite Hard Wax on order which is advertised as providing twelve months protection so when the weather warms up a little bit I'll try the detailing products on my caravan.
This Stuff is also very popular amongst car detailing enthusiasts

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
As with the poster above, the last product he mentions (fusso) I've been using on my car for the last 6 month, really really really good at repelling water, plan on using it on the van soon :)

Matt

TRENDING THREADS