We had a power cut on Sunday ( Combi boiler not working right so i tried to reset )

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Watching Tv at 4.15pm suddenly the power went off check the mains that was okay it was off for three and half hours came back on while checking everything was on look at the Combi boiler and on the clock it had 03 so we have a fault we had plenty of cold and hot water ,
So went on british gas website we have a homecare three and the annual service was booked for Wednesday this week he did some checks on the boiler but it was still flashing 03 and then it went off and came back on so he tried the heating and the boiler would not work . so he knew what was wrong with the boiler it was a heat sensor he came back next day that is what i call customer service .

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We are booked in for a new Valiant Combi boiler, and heating system, at the end of August. Our old, New Mexico, has never failed us in 39 years but It is just so inefficient. I dread all this new fangled electronics in the new one, at least a 10 year warranty

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We are booked in for a new Valiant Combi boiler, and heating system, at the end of August. Our old, New Mexico, has never failed us in 39 years but It is just so inefficient. I dread all this new fangled electronics in the new one, at least a 10 year warranty
Best thing we bought when moving in here was a Hive thermostat. Its base is in the hall but we mainly have it in the lounge when the heating season arrives so we tend to concentrate on lounge temperature when we are in there particularly evenings. If we have anyone visiting then the Hive goes back in the hall and TRVs in other rooms are opened up as required. It’s helped us keep energy bills low even on a low fixed price tariff; now ended.

Also useful if you are away from home with heating set low. You can raise the temperature as you commence your journey. Assuming you remember. Something we are not good at.

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Ours is seven years old and we have kept the service up every year since new and so far this is the only thing gone wrong a heat sensor . We also have Siemens easy electronic room thermostat and you can move it to any room in our home
So with yours i think you should have nothing to worry about good luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts