Weather

Page 22 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
May 24, 2014
Visit site
The colder and wilder the weather over the next three weeks as Im off to the land of county pubs and roaring log fires, namely the Dales. Last trip for this van before the new baby.

Reactions: Dustydog and Hutch
Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
I don't think that we need a synopsis of the weather where you are every few hours BB.
The national and local weather is on TV for those who are interested.

Someone here who is not interested in Beachball's weather reports, never have been and never will be.

If it is done just to increase post count then it is the worst and most boring method I have ever come across.

But, each to its own, not sure if Beachball is in agreement or not :LOL:.

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Won't mention the weather but had a lovely day today.
Couple of hours browsing Congresbury garden centre,then up to Clevedon for a stroll along the seafront and a lovely pub meal.
Then back along to Portishead for another stroll and feed the ducks, geese and swans.
Very relaxing day indeed🤗

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Checked the weather for the next few days in the Dales, chucking it down.................who cares.
Rang the White Hart in Hawes.

Is the fire lit in the snug,
Yes sir it is.
Next Question. Theakstons Old Peculier.
Yes sir, we sell it.
I know you sell it, how much have you got.
Barrels sir.

Thingy sorted.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Someone here who is not interested in Beachball's weather reports, never have been and never will be.

If it is done just to increase post count then it is the worst and most boring method I have ever come across.

But, each to its own, not sure if Beachball is in agreement or not :LOL:.
After this comment i will no longer report on weather where i am and leave it to others .......

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
After this comment i will no longer report on weather where i am and leave it to others .......
That's your choice, but I have to say that several comments about the weather where you are in one day will be of minimal interest to the majority of forum members who could be anywhere in this country or in Europe BB.
You posted a reply yesterday giving the temperature in your locality at
8:43 am.
You then submitted a comment which just gave a temperature where you were at 11:03am., just over 2 hours later.
The temperature that you mentioned was just 1° lower than the temperature that you mentioned earlier.
Why would it matter?
You left it a bit longer until 3:23pm to tell us more about temperature where you are.
Sorry my friend, good information is always welcome on the message boards but these increasingly regular temperature updates for wherever you happen to be at the time add no information that's of value that people wouldn't already know.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Is there a new forum rule that says you have to read posts that you find annoying?

If so........I won't be obeying that rule!

I didn't find your weather posts annoying Beachball :)

Reactions: Bluetonic

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Is there a new forum rule that says you have to read posts that you find annoying?

If so........I won't be obeying that rule!

I didn't find your weather posts annoying Beachball :)

Good for you Bill.
As a forum moderator I try to read every new forum post, annoying or not
Some contain information relevant to the ownership and safe operation of touring caravans and some don't.
Some are well received and some not so much so, but when a forum member regularly conducts their forum activity in a manner that increasingly invites derision and creates forum discord it's not something that I'm prepared to ignore for a long period of time.
'Weather reports' per se shouldn't annoy anybody but very localised information which contains no text, just a temperature at an unspecified location and which appear three times a day don't really add anything to this forum, and the responses in some cases are thinly veiled insults which I remove if I see them in time before other replies are added.
I'm not here to prevent anybody from adding to this forum, Beachball responded to an earlier comment about his 'weather reports' and I've responded to that, but like them or not, I'm not about to allow forum message boards to host multiple irrelevant posts in the same day that obviously annoy some forum members.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts