Website keeps signing me out

Nov 11, 2009
20,812
6,485
50,935
Visit site
The website keeps signing me out and I have to sign in again after a short period of non use.

I have ticked the “remember me “ box. It does it on MAC, IPhone and IPad. Quite frustrating.
 
Mar 14, 2005
17,853
3,226
50,935
Visit site
I have noticed a similar issue, not quite as frequently as you suggest but often quite randomly. The only occasion I know it will happen is if I loose my internet connection.
 

Parksy

Moderator
Nov 12, 2009
11,904
2,399
40,935
Visit site
The same thing happens to me, I have to sign in every time I use the forum.
I wonder if it's because I chose to reject the cookies, the accept / reject interface also appears every time.
 
Nov 11, 2009
20,812
6,485
50,935
Visit site
Parksy said:
The same thing happens to me, I have to sign in every time I use the forum.
I wonder if it's because I chose to reject the cookies, the accept / reject interface also appears every time.

Thanks Parksy. Same with me but I’ve not changed any setting for a long time. I will reset my settings tomorrow.
 
Nov 6, 2006
731
5
18,885
Visit site
Parksy said:
The same thing happens to me, I have to sign in every time I use the forum.
I wonder if it's because I chose to reject the cookies, the accept / reject interface also appears every time.

I don't have the sign in issue, but that wretched interface appearing every time... and when you change pages everything jumps about whilst the contents adjust...

And then, today in my lunch at work, there appears a large ad for large bras of all things - what the heck have these to do with caravans?
Rant over
 
Nov 11, 2009
20,812
6,485
50,935
Visit site
Despite accepting all of the terms and conditions relating to use of data, it still keeps defaulting me to Guest and requiring new sign in with its attendant request to ACCEPT. Blooming frustrating.
 

Parksy

Moderator
Nov 12, 2009
11,904
2,399
40,935
Visit site
Mines the same except that I denied the cookie permissions rather than accept them. The forum page appears to be jumping around more than usual today as well, it's most annoying.
Practical Caravan used to host an easy to use stable platform and I can't help wondering how many potential new forum users are being put off by the current rigmarole
 
Nov 11, 2009
20,812
6,485
50,935
Visit site
Parksy said:
Mines the same except that I denied the cookie permissions rather than accept them. The forum page appears to be jumping around more than usual today as well, it's most annoying.
Practical Caravan used to host an easy to use stable platform and I can't help wondering how many potential new forum users are being put off by the current rigmarole

And some of the older ones too.
 
May 24, 2014
3,687
765
20,935
Visit site
Hope this is of some help.

Although I have a few internet browsers, I use Firefox for this forum. This particular browser is very easy to add Addons, and one in particular, called Ghostery, cuts out all these third party ads and stops the reported jumping around.

If you are having real problems, I can recommend the above.
Obviously, its the browsers security settings that keeps deleting your login details, hence the signing out.
 
Nov 11, 2009
20,812
6,485
50,935
Visit site
Thingy said:
Hope this is of some help.

Although I have a few internet browsers, I use Firefox for this forum. This particular browser is very easy to add Addons, and one in particular, called Ghostery, cuts out all these third party ads and stops the reported jumping around.

If you are having real problems, I can recommend the above.
Obviously, its the browsers security settings that keeps deleting your login details, hence the signing out.

Thanks for the info. I normally use Safari which runs on the MAC, iPhone and iPad, and I've used it predominately for several years now without any issues. This is the only website that logs me out if not used fora short time. I always Accept the ToC and have all the boxes for PC settings ticked. My browser is also set to Track Cookies, and not to block websites. None of which has made one iota of difference. I use Firefox on my Windows laptop but dont access PC on that machine. The puzzling thing is that PC still logs me out even if I use Chrome, so its not browser specific.

Its an irritation more than a problem as with auto sign in and fingerprint ID it doesn't take long, but darned irritating all the same.
 

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts