Weekend trips

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I know a lot of people often take their caravan for weekend breaks in addition to the big holiday trips. I must admit that the idea appeals to me too, although in the past we've tended to use ours only for periods of at least a week. The problem is that my wife insists on taking just about everything but the kitchen sink with her when we go away. Conseqently, preparing and packing alone takes the best part of a whole weekend before we even set off. What do you weekend trippers do? What essentials do you take with you and what items do you specifically do without? How about awnings, etc.? What items do you leave in the caravan when it's in storage so that you can make a quick get-away?

May 12, 2005
Visit site
You need to take everything as you would for a week apart from your clothes and the awning. Our van is always ready to go, complete with even my make-up bag. Try to go somewhere not to far from home (we aim for 2 hours max) so we can set off straight after work on Friday. We tend to have fish and chips on the Friday, eat out Saturday night so all you need is a few items for breakfasts. Great fun!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have learned through experience that if you scribe a 50 mile radius on your map then the sites within the area are ideal for two night stays. get there friday evening pitch and chill out Sat have a full day doing what you like Sun have a little lie in thn pack up and go home.

Scribe a 100 ml circle and you will be able to visit sites within that radius on longer BH weekends and then keep the far away places for the main hols.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts