Welcome to the new PCV forum

Page 6 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Might be faster for you, Nigel, but for me it's infuriatingly slow again this morning, and I'm getting the website unavailable message now 9 times out of 10. Can't stand this, my patience has gone.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If anyone is about,,,,,,,,the speed and connection is really bad again this morning.
Same as Soozeeg, keep getting "website unavailable", no suitable nodes etc.
Have spent the last 15 minutes trying to get the site to load, and it is increasingly infuriating.

The "Back" button fails to want to know for about 2 or 3 minutes, then the comp times out.
Every other site I have loaded is done in a spilt second, navigation is a breeze.

Going to lay down in a dark room,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (and the tide is out at the moment, so not so far for signals to get to the Isle of Wight.)

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
11.20 am Well Damian I have been on website just 5 minutes and not had a problem at all, got straight on and not very slow at all. In fact since I first got logged on the first day I have not found it too slow. Why should some people have problems and others don't. I am with o2 and IE 7 with this desktop and I use IE8 with my Laptop during the evenings.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I'm trying to use the free advert facility to sell a Dorema Toronto Porch. It wont let me do it.
Do I have ring the sales guys at Haymarket tomorrow or can I do it on here??

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
DianneT said:
11.20 am Well Damian I have been on website just 5 minutes and not had a problem at all, got straight on and not very slow at all. In fact since I first got logged on the first day I have not found it too slow. Why should some people have problems and others don't. I am with o2 and IE 7 with this desktop and I use IE8 with my Laptop during the evenings.

I've been popping in today since 10.30 am, not had a problem. Logged in from two desk tops and one laptop (two wifi). I don't understand why some people are having problems and some appear not to be having problems.

Lisa

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
LMH said:
I don't understand why some people are having problems and some appear not to be having problems.

Lisa

Neither do the webtechs or the Texan cloud host providers :0)

I had intermitent 'node unavailable' trouble and slow loading yesterday and earlier today. Things seem to be running fairly well at my end at the moment.

DustyDog as I understand it the for sale part of the website only works for caravans and then only if the caravan to be advertised is listed.

A new member had been trying to log in since Friday morning but she was not allowed to.

http://www.practicalcaravan.com/forum/new-members-say-hello/its-all-new
The Caravan Finder free advert log in rejected her attempts by stating that her email address already exists and none of our joint efforts to obtain a new password or for her to successfully log in worked.
She told me via email that she has now given up and has advertised her caravan elsewhere.

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Dustydog said:
Forgive me Andrew I used to smoke Passing Clouds at college, I've been on Cloud 9, but isn't Texas a breeding ground for Bulls? LOL.
I believe they do have quite a substantial cattle industry in Texas, yes, but the fact you claim to have been on Cloud 9 suggests you may have been smoking something rather stronger than Passing Clouds.
Dustydog said:
And there's me thinking Old Lord Hezza was a Patriot.
I don't think the owner of the company actually chose the server provider himself.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I had a node but now I've lost it
Don't know when it will be back
Its gone to Texas where they host it
I think this sites a load of ____ (rubbish)

Only joking

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Deli Dave_374550494 said:
I had a node but now I've lost it
Don't know when it will be back
Its gone to Texas where they host it
I think this sites a load of ____ (rubbish)
Only joking

Your node will come back wait and see
From Texas you can bet
Then our new forum soon will be
The best on t'internet!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Andew E
Must be me on Cloud 9 again! LOL!
Forums
ForumTopicsPostsLast post
forum-folder.png

Technical
Keep your pride and joy in tip-top condition
00INACA AWNING
by SWEETIEMAN
50 min 48 sec ago
forum-folder.png

General
Express your views and let off steam about general caravanning issues
00n/a
forum-folder.png

UK parks & touring
Give and get recommendations for the best UK sites
00n/a
forum-folder.png

Overseas parks & touring
Travel tips for other enthusiasts
00n/a
forum-folder.png

Towcars
Recommendations for the best towcars
00n/a
forum-folder.png

Equipment & accessories
Swap advice about that essential piece of kit
00n/a
forum-folder.png

Towing, driving and safety
Getting to your destination safely
00n/a
forum-folder.png

Events, rallies and owners' clubs
What's on and news from the clubs
00n/a
forum-folder.png

Insurance, security and storage
Keeping your caravan safe and sound
00n/a
forum-folder.png

Our website
We welcome your feedback and ideas for the PCV forum and website
00n/a
forum-folder.png

Buyers' Guide: caravans
Share ideas and advice on choosing the best touring caravan
00n/a
forum-folder.png

Chit-chat
For non-caravan issues: jokes, trivia, gossip.
00n/a
forum-folder.png

New Members - Say Hello
Tell us a bit about yourself and your 'outfit'
00n/a

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Do you know, chaps (*Sue says it in hushed tones looking around anxiously in case any clouds are hanging about*) the site actually seems a bit......hmm shall I actually say it and tempt fate.......quicker today!!! :-O

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Soozeeg said:
Do you know, chaps (*Sue says it in hushed tones looking around anxiously in case any clouds are hanging about*) the site actually seems a bit......hmm shall I actually say it and tempt fate.......quicker today!!! :-O

I was hoping someone might notice, we added some extra performance bits yesterday to help speed things up. We are also talking to the cloud people about how we can do some further improvements to help the performance.

Aug 12, 2007
Visit site
Well done, keep up the good work, even if it is baby steps (yes I know, can't have everything all at once.....we'd have nothing to look forward to! hehe).

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
+Well, it is still not doing anything here.
Still takes an age to load anything, still problematic if the Back buton is used, it just does not want to know.

I fail to see any improvement as such.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Why is there a problem with some members and not others? I have no problems at all. Site comes up every time no slower than the old site either on my 2 computers Desk Top with Windows XP and Laptop with Vista. Is it the Server do you think I am with o2.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Still slow........................
I have absolutely no idea why it is different for some of us.
I have no problem with any other site or search, only this site.
Everything else is lightning fast, no glitches, everything works as it should.
On two other sites I look at , CT and T&T, they are really fast, postings appear instantly as does the front page with new replies being instantly visible, not 5 minutes later as on this site.

I really do not know how much longer I can be bothered

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts