Well, that was fun.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
As we have the new caravan due soon, madam decided we needed to order the bedding for it, and some other bits. Having gone on to a well known Online Outlet, I paid by credit card. My bank screen informed me the transaction was successful, and the continue button returned me to the companies website which proudly announced the transaction had failed. Not being completely daft, I waited some hours to see if an email confirmation came, it didnt. So I tried again, with exactly the same result.
The following morning I rang the said company and told them what had happened, and suggested there was an issue with their systems. Cant be our systems I was told, it must be your credit card, are you sure you have the funds. I went ballistic at that, but needing the bedding, he suggested I try again. Same result whilst he was online. He swore blind he had checked everything and that no payments had been taken, and no order has been generated. He suggested Paypal. I paid with Paypal, and 5 minutes later, an email receipt and order number. The only email of any sort received from that company.

Checking my bank yesterday, my credit card which should have had a zero balance was debited by just shy of £1000, they had taken the three failed payments, but had generated no order, no receipt, zilch.

After hours talking to my card issuer and arguing with these idiots, they have now found the payments and agreed to refund them.

They still dont acknowledge anything wrong with their system.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
As we have the new caravan due soon, madam decided we needed to order the bedding for it, and some other bits. Having gone on to a well known Online Outlet, I paid by credit card. My bank screen informed me the transaction was successful, and the continue button returned me to the companies website which proudly announced the transaction had failed. Not being completely daft, I waited some hours to see if an email confirmation came, it didnt. So I tried again, with exactly the same result.
The following morning I rang the said company and told them what had happened, and suggested there was an issue with their systems. Cant be our systems I was told, it must be your credit card, are you sure you have the funds. I went ballistic at that, but needing the bedding, he suggested I try again. Same result whilst he was online. He swore blind he had checked everything and that no payments had been taken, and no order has been generated. He suggested Paypal. I paid with Paypal, and 5 minutes later, an email receipt and order number. The only email of any sort received from that company.

Checking my bank yesterday, my credit card which should have had a zero balance was debited by just shy of £1000, they had taken the three failed payments, but had generated no order, no receipt, zilch.

After hours talking to my card issuer and arguing with these idiots, they have now found the payments and agreed to refund them.

They still dont acknowledge anything wrong with their system.

Had the exact same happen with an Online retailer for motor parts last Monday. Still waiting for the refund.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts