West Bay

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
Hello everyone we have just returned from two weeks in Dorsets West Bay.

Its a small harbour with a few pubs,a few shops and restaurants.We stayed on the Parkdean site.

We arrived late due to a problem with the car. We were the last on our level,the site is tiered, there was no way I could have used the car to put the caravan onto the pitch as the tiers are too narrow to swing the car and caravan. We unhitched the caravan and tried to push it onto the pitch rather unsuccessfuly. Five men appeared and helped me push the caravan onto the pitch and one of their wives offered us drinks,one even owned a garage and put me in touch with an auto electrician.

The site itself was good.The shower block was adequate and reasonably clean, the showers were warm. The daytime entertainment was organised but due to the good weather people didn't bother to turn up.

There are a couple of bars and a restaurant. One of the bars had a couple of large screen tvs. The entertainment bar was ok but at times didn't seem big enough. The indoor pool looked quite large in the brochure and on the web site - this was the only disappointment it was small, only let 50 people in at a time, and it is open to the public as well.

Off the site the area has spectacular scenery,the harbour and the jurassic coast line. The beaches are mainly shingle,as the tide goes out there is sand.On one side of the harbour there is a small beach on the other side the beach goes as far as the eye could see,all the way round to Weymouth. Around the harbour there are the usual fast food kiosks.

Overall we had a very good holiday,the first week the weather was brilliant sunshine,the second week monday and tuesday the weather was terrible rain and galeforce winds the rest of the week the weather wasn't too bad.

We would go back there again.

ps I will add some photos when i work out how to do it.

Will

Aug 29, 2006
Visit site
Hello Anthony we drove into the site you stayed on looked ok. We were just trying to compare pitch sizes, ours looked a bit on the small side.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Will

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
T he pitshes here were not that big in places but you could still get your caravan, awning and the usual windbreakers on there plus still room for your car just ask them for a pitch aera map and don1t stay too close to the pitches with either a bin or water station on as these were the smaller ones. i1m glad we both had an enjoyable time there

Feb 26, 2006
Visit site
hi will steve here well hillhead it makes west bay look like a dump the swimming pool was a decent size the club was half decent and the site itself was spotless the only let down was the elvis impersonator they had one night my cat could do a better impression hahaha please keep in touch it was nice to meet you and your family at west bay my email address is skip.sinclair@tiscali.co.uk

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts