Whale 921 submersible pump on 2011 Elddis

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello all
So, 2011 Van with Whale 921 submersible pump. In the 5 times I've used the van, when setting up and plugging in the pump, it doesn't work. Red light on the panel is on.... But nothing at the pump. After much faffing angle time it starts to work and is perfect for days until the next pack up/setup. Cleaned the contacts, not that. Almost feels like a pressure thing. Three wires at the back of the socket. Positive negative and a third. It's got me stumped. It'd working perfectly now but wouldn't earlier. Grrr. Any ideas? Thank you.

Moderator Note: Title edited to remove unnecessary expletive.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
a lot depends how you set it up try putting the pump in the water first and allow it to dispel any air before plugging in to the van. and also turn on all cold taps [hot ones off] until the water come through and then turn off one at a time nearest to the pump first. apart from that it is possible the pump is faulty try a different pump. a lot of vanners keep two pumps in case one goes down.

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
Well interesting morning. Bought a new pump..... An updated version. Swapped the o rings whole I was at it. Plugged it in.. Worked immediately. Plugged old one in, dead. Intermittently faulty pump. Grrr. So, new one back in. Pump ran continuously. Ended up.... The lock ring on the integral pressure adjuster was loose..... Bit of a fettle and now it's working perfectly. Job done. Now to enjoy the weekend!

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
brilliant glad it's working enjoy your weekend. did you buy the whole fitting with the pump or just the pump.
because if you bought a full one. you now have a spare, :cheer: the submersible bit is easily replaced and cheap then you have a full spare pump, comes in very handy at times.

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
The whole unit. Good Idea on making a spare, thanks! Also read the instructions which as you said earlier..... Put it in the water barrel before plugging it into the caravan.. I've never consciously done that.

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
chalkstorm said:
The whole unit. Good Idea on making a spare, thanks! Also read the instructions which as you said earlier..... Put it in the water barrel before plugging it into the caravan.. I've never consciously done that.
yeah it allows the pump to fill before using, if you plug it in first and then place in water tub it is effectivley running dry at first submersible pumps don't like running dry.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts