whale mixer tap

Mar 14, 2006
Visit site
we have just been on our first trip of the year, when we connected the water supply imagine our horror when we found the kitchen tap had split and water pouring out from the tap below the kitchen work top. My question, is it easy to change a whale mixer elite tap with a single lever

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
I don't understand, the Whale Elite is a single lever mixer or at least the one in my Pageant is.

I'd guess it's split due to frost - it's important to leave mixer taps open in a central (hot + cold) position as well as draining down the system and leaving other taps open.

Fitting a replacement Elite is basically straightforward BUT access may be difficult. It's often easier to take the sink / drainer out to do the job.

Current production Elites are claimed to be improved, frost-proof by Whale but they still need treating properly over winter.

Mar 14, 2006
Visit site
I don't understand, the Whale Elite is a single lever mixer or at least the one in my Pageant is.

I'd guess it's split due to frost - it's important to leave mixer taps open in a central (hot + cold) position as well as draining down the system and leaving other taps open.

Fitting a replacement Elite is basically straightforward BUT access may be difficult. It's often easier to take the sink / drainer out to do the job.

Current production Elites are claimed to be improved, frost-proof by Whale but they still need treating properly over winter.
thanks RogerL

i may have been miss leading it is a single lever tap already fitted

due to your comments i will undertake a weeekend task of replacing the tap

dave

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts