Whale pump wanting to eject

Aug 18, 2024
Visit site
Hi
I have an Elddis 868 2023 when I’m all connected to the water the Whale outside pump wants to eject from the socket on the van, the sliding cover holds it in place and stops it from doing so but it isn’t right
I can confirm the pump is pushed in correctly, I have reset the IC by following an online guide, I believe this to also be correct, however when you call for water the pump delivers as required, after shutting the tap closed the pump continues to run for a few seconds after all be it slighly faster, it is at this stage the pump pushes out of the socket at the bottom, this now breaks the water seal and i get water seepage from the socket, the pump continues to operate when required but its not sat in the socket correctly, the pump is relatively new and i wouldn't think it could be the rubber o rings inside the socket or could it
any ideas im at my witts end
Gavin

Attachments

• IMG_1099.jpeg
    IMG_1099.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
This may help Gavin. And welcome to the Forum

Aug 18, 2024
Visit site
This may help Gavin. And welcome to the Forum
Hi Dustydog
Thanks for the reply, my issue is a little different, it’s like my pump has to much pressure in the second cycle when you shut the tap off, the pump continues to run when tap is closed for a few seconds (which is normal) but during this cycle the pump pops out a little at the bottom of the caravan socket, if it wasn’t for the sliding cover holding it in place I think the pump would completely pop out of its socket, like I said I’ve calibrated the IC pressure switch as per online instructions but this doesn’t fix the problem

Attachments

• IMG_1099.jpeg
    IMG_1099.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
You have done everything I can think of. I’d phone Whale technical support this morning . They are very helpful.
Sorry I can’t offer anymore. I may have been inclined to change the rubber o rings but yours is so new… Good luck and please let us know what the solution is.

Reactions: gavingti
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I always thought the Whale pump used the flap to hold the connector in place, either the fold down flap or like yours a slide down one, hence the small bit on top of the connector.
I have always had Truma pumps which clip in place.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If the connection plug continues to eject even when the port lid has been dropped to hold the connection, it suggests that either the plug or the socket may have lost some of its engagement features. It may need damaged part to be replaced.

Aug 18, 2024
Visit site
Update
Hi guys thanks for the info, I can assure all , the sliding lid is engaged, this stopped the pump ejecting completely, the pump was only pushing out from the bottom and causing issues
Anyway I contacted Whale several times and the people there are superb, Gavin in particular, after several hints of potential issues back and fourth to no avail, Whale sent out a new pump and blue backing plate( which included the non return valve) for the outside socket, it only took a day to arrive at my campsite, once all fitted and IC pressure switch calibrated all is working fine, I’m now an expert on replacing parts and fault finding lol
I have no idea why, only I did notice on the whale controller, the pump light was staying green with no yellow boarder when tap was closed, when the tap is closed it should not be green, only to turn green when calling for water, easily rectified by removing the pump from the barrel and gently shaking to remove any air lock, replace back in barrel and run water until runs smoothly
Fingers crossed guys 24hrs and no issues

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgxXvSe9V3M

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6eXekmsDaw

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When it suits, other times they can be very less than helpful
Most company can have an achilles heel of some sort and for some reason problems can arise, but compared to some other companies Whale generally do seem to be one of few who do genuinely try to help. It's a business model I wish more caravan related companies would adopt.

I don't know for sure but I suspect if Whale does come across a particularly difficult situation, I'd bet the matter is discussed as part of a structured improvement process, rather than it being shuffled into the cupboard in the hope that by ignoring it will make it go away.

The culture of continual improvement if adopted properly helps to improve product reliability, customer satisfaction, and profit margins and employment satisfaction.

It also has to be remembered some customers do abuse their rights, and in such cases companies might need to have strong resolve and rebut the customer.

Celebrating when they get it right is good. It makes it more likely they will continue to use the same approach, and be a beacon that may lead others into seeing the benefits treating customers/end users with respect.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Not in my experience on many matters, but everyone has good and bad to say about many different companies 🤔
Many matters? I’m surprised Martin one I can understand but many? I’ve used Whale’s help line three times over the years and found their help and follow through on par with Powrtouch.
Members of two other Forums I use report the same attention as the OP.
Perhaps your bad experiences were a “bad pump day”.😉

Reactions: Buckman
Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Many matters? I’m surprised Martin one I can understand but many? I’ve used Whale’s help line three times over the years and found their help and follow through on par with Powrtouch.
Members of two other Forums I use report the same attention as the OP.
Perhaps your bad experiences were a “bad pump day”.😉

It wasn’t just pumps, my experience with them is over the last 20 years, to be fair I haven’t tried again for several years. Having said that I emailed them in 2005 and they sent a free part, other than that I gave up.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It wasn’t just pumps, my experience with them is over the last 20 years, to be fair I haven’t tried again for several years. Having said that I emailed them in 2005 and they sent a free part, other than that I gave up.
From my perspective I have noticed Whale entering a thread and asking the OP to contact them, and the. OPs have reported favourably on the support received. Historical performance isn’t necessarily a good indicator of current performance, especially where a company does seem to be trying to resolve customers problems in a positive manner.

In this particular case; BZ Whale. 👍

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts