Whale/Truma, serviced water Q

Aug 14, 2019
Visit site
Hello, hope someone can advise. Our Bailey has a Whale water system & our Lunar had a Truma. We still have the Truma long hose with the pressure reducer, question is, can I change the inlet head (not sure if that's the right term) for a Whale one to save buying a new Whale hose with one already fitted. I can't find any Whale inlet heads anywhere so maybe that's telling me something? I kind of begrudge paying £50+ for another which is the same but different.
Or should I just go for the ballcock system that fits in the water container?

Thanks in advance.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Personally I would use the aquaroll system with ballcock.
I have seen Whale to Truma adaptors but not the other way around.

Aug 14, 2019
Visit site
Thanks Damian, typically of me I found a similar thread after I'd started mine. The ballcock system makes much more sense as far as failures go.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
We have always got on well with our aquaroll system on serviced pitches having bought a generic for just over £20 - you can decide on the hose length you require and whether you want ordinary or roll-flat hose, in case of an issue the aquaroll would overflow onto the pitch without any caravan damage! We also bought a circular zipped storage bag to keep it clean and make sure no bits went astray. Similar to this one sold as a complete kit:

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Rob. Wonder if anyone on here has had a pressure reducer failure?

Yes they have.
I have attended a few over the years where the kit has failed and flooded the van.
It may not happen often, but it can happen, with severe consequences.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Just on point, make sure the ballcock is in the vertical position, so it can move up and down. I usually just have a look through the top.
Fitted mine once, off centre, in about the 4 o-clock position over flowed the container.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Flooding can still happen with ballcock system as the aquaroll will continue to fill while the mains water tap is on. We use direct mains water feed.

As long as the pump is not calling for water the worst that can happen with the aquaroll system is the pitch will be flooded and not the van !!!!!

So, as long as you turn the pump off when leaving the van for any length of time you will be fine.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
As long as the pump is not calling for water the worst that can happen with the aquaroll system is the pitch will be flooded and not the van !!!!!

So, as long as you turn the pump off when leaving the van for any length of time you will be fine.
Does seem much point in connecting to mains water? We were in the caravan when it flooded the first time as the hot water pipe under the front offside bunk got a pin hole in it. First we knew of it was when we saw steam rising in the one corner.
Second time on a brand new caravan, the pipe connected to the filter came loose and flooded the caravan. Again we were in the caravan. As the filter was behind the drawers in the kitchen we never picked it up until walking through to bathroom and finding soggy carpet.
Decided after that no point shutting down the water tap every time we went out as it could happen at any time, but if you are paranoid about these things then good advice to shut down the mains water tap each time you go out even for a short walk.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Decided after that no point shutting down the water tap every time we went out as it could happen at any time, but if you are paranoid about these things then good advice to shut down the mains water tap each time you go out even for a short walk.

I agree. A similar argument applies to using gas fired heaters, there have been some people who have told us they won't use a room sealed gas heater at night because if the danger of being gassed by the fumes!

There is some good sense to isolating supplies when you go out, just because a leak of any sort might go unnoticed for longer, and apart from the loss or waste, if it were gas it poses a risk to anyone nearby.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts