What do you think?

Jan 18, 2020
Visit site
I bought an Elddis caravan in January this year and it has been parked up on the drive ever since then. It’s first Warranty service is due in January 2021, Elddis say that it should be carried out even though it hasn’t turned a wheel for 12 months!
Thoughts!

Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Needs to be done unfortunately, if you don't get it done they will have an easy out should any warrenty work be required.

Kev

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Like what everyone says you have to get it done Elddis your dealer don"t know you haven"t use it this year your warranty will be out of the door

Reactions: JezzerB
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I bought an Elddis caravan in January this year and it has been parked up on the drive ever since then. It’s first Warranty service is due in January 2021, Elddis say that it should be carried out even though it hasn’t turned a wheel for 12 months!
Thoughts!
Do it if that’s what Eldiss say. Otherwise your warranty wil be affected.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Unfortunately your warranty is a contract and is based on a time not usage. If you want to retain the benefits of the manufacturers warranty then you have to abide by the terms and conditions. Only the Manufacturer (as the policy issuer) can amend or belay any of the conditions.

You also need to bear in mind that some deterioration is age related. for example teh expansion and contraction of joints due to the daily heating of day time and cooling of night.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Get an AWS technician to service the caravan on your drive. Unfortunately most cannot do any warranty work,

Not true !!

All AWS engineers can do warranty work on all the bits and pieces in the van such as water heater, fridge etc etc.

The only bits that have to be done by the manufacturers appointed workshops is bodywork.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Not true !!

All AWS engineers can do warranty work on all the bits and pieces in the van such as water heater, fridge etc etc.

The only bits that have to be done by the manufacturers appointed workshops is bodywork.
I have never been able to get warranty work approved by the manufacturer and done by an AWS technician on either our Lunar, original Buccaneer or current Buccaneer so must be something new?
I took the easy way out and paid for the repair as cheaper than hauling the caravan off to the dealer. Luckily this has only happened once in the past several years and it was for a repair to the water system.
I did have an issue with gas leaking out a connection on the Lunar, but when the warranty repair was turned down by the manufacturer the tech only charged for the part which was less than £10.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have never been able to get warranty work approved by the manufacturer and done by an AWS technician on either our Lunar, original Buccaneer or current Buccaneer so must be something new?

Nope, nothing new about it at all.
All the appliances in a caravan are covered by the individual makers warranty and it is through them that warranty work is carried out, not the van maker!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Warranty on whole van by maker, warranty on individual equipment by manufacturers and the dealers obligations under CRA 2015. Then who can and cannot carry out warranty work. No wonder some owners get confused. 🙈🙈I’m glad that I’ve always bought local and hawked it back to the dealer to sort out. Even more glad that mines now out of warranty and can arrange things myself.

It’s in for service today with local AWS mobile technician. Fingers crossed

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Nope, nothing new about it at all.
All the appliances in a caravan are covered by the individual makers warranty and it is through them that warranty work is carried out, not the van maker!

Thanks for the update and something worth remembering. The water issue was a pinhole in the hot water pipe and the gas leak was a poor fitting which is why they probably were not covered under warranty.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I am afraid it will have to be serviced to maintain the guarantee. If it has not been serviced there is a small chance that something has deteriorated over that period and the service should pick that up. The main reason though is to make sure there is no damp, a damp check is vital. If damp does develop then this needs to be caught in the early stages as the damage can only get worse if left.
Some items are covered by the makers of these but they often have the same one year requirement.
I hope the caravan has not been left stood on the same spot with out moving at all, as if so flat spots can develop where the tyres are in contact with the ground. Even if you only move a quarter of a turn of the wheel it should protect you from this problem. I would do this every month if possible but certainly not less than every three months.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Mines just been serviced today and the AWS technician did it in his workshop and then returns it to its storage slot. Just contacted me to say “ no dramas”. What’s nice is that he has rebonded a bit of fridge trim and some on the side dresser. It was something I was going to get around to. I suspect a main dealer may not have done that. When it was last serviced at a main dealer in April 2019 a small nut came off of the front window support strut. I was just told about it, no time spent looking for it or trying to fix it. It took me about an hour to manually file down a nut with a suitable thread and then thread lock it into place.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
So is it ok to ring Dometic when my fridge stops working within the warranty period? Do they have their own engineers or use AWS? I assume the same applies to the other manufacturers? But can we force them to respond?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
So is it ok to ring Dometic when my fridge stops working within the warranty period? Do they have their own engineers or use AWS? I assume the same applies to the other manufacturers? But can we force them to respond?

Dometic have their own network of service engineers, some of whom may be AWS as well.

This link takes you to a list of places in the UK, click on the nearest place to you and search

The other manufacturers just use their own dealers/ service centres or AWS engineers.

Reactions: Firkle and Dustydog

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts