What have you done to your Van this year?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Washed It ?Polished it ?Repaired It ?

I'll start;

Repaired toilet
Repaired leak on roof where the gas flue goes through the roof,
Repaired leaking Status Ariel,water pouring in the wardrobe, had to seal the joint where the two halves meet.
Oh and washed it without a hose pipe (on site) with buckets of water :(

So what have you done ?

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Limited wash just to make sure any black streaks don't become permanent, haven't been away much so far this year, to get it dirty.
Had the corner caps fitted at the top of the rear panel (small split)
Have a fire extinguisher to fit, today, whilst it's raining, a birthday present last Thursday 21 again :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Should be washing it this weekend, but the roof wont get done, Im still on crutches. Apart from that, just about to put purifier in the barrels and run through the system. If its really lucky, I may put the heating on for a couple of hours.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have had it serviced and been away in it. Nothing new needed and we have it how we like it. Possibly a new battery needed as the motor mover seems to struggle.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Full service by mobile engineer .So easy.
Spent a week removing everything and did a very deep clean inside and out including polishing all surfaces. Looks like new having paid attention to fine detail. even blacked the tyres with Aldi tyre shine
Found two pairs of binoculars and five packs of toilet solution!
10 Woosie banner poles

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Actually I was 'lying', -- forgotten about the 2 year service last month and complete emptying and locker cleaning.! Done 21 nights away this year. It gets routine outside cleaning but I don't count that as having done something to the van.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Washed it
Cleaned inside and replenished consumables.
Serviced it myself......it has never been serviced by anyone else!
Did not take it to a dealers.......last time it saw a dealer was in January 1996 when I bought it new.
Towed it 2980 miles.
Spent 45 enjoyable nights in it when everything worked just fine.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
Actually I was 'lying', -- forgotten about the 2 year service last month and complete emptying and locker cleaning.! Done 21 nights away this year. It gets routine outside cleaning but I don't count that as having done something to the van.
Sir Gab
You've been retired too long. Those Milencos have gone to your head :p

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday.
Washed the horrible green off, from the roof down.
Attached a new breakaway cable.
Replaced one of the strip lights.
Bought a microwave for the caravan.
All done whilst the missus knitted inside offering wise words of encouragement.
That's the benefit of storing the caravan behind a camping shop, they must love it.
To do.
Work out what to use the cocktail cabinet for, I don't want to spoil the look of the Bailey, but we don't do cocktails and my beer would get warm up there and the cabinet would probably collapse.
Convert to LED inside.
Figure out why the clock is positioned so that it can only be seen from the offside seat.
Wonder what calamities we will enjoy this year, the roof vent is now replaced as is the water inlet, I've noticed that all the white plastic,window catches etc, is degrading so that will all to be gradually replaced and I'm ignoring the crazing on the inside of the windows..

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
WHAT MILENCOS ????[/quote
There was a great Knight named Sir Gabs,
He sent PCv a photo of mum dad and the Babs.
An exceptional shot it was picked for the Mag,
But receiving his Milencos is proving a drag.
We all love some fun,
All he wants is the Milencos he's won! :whistle: :whistle: :evil:

Mar 21, 2008
Visit site
I've given mine a partial wash!

Changed the battery.

Fitted external TV aerial point (having had the kit for about the last 8 years!)

Started replacing webbing on awning.

Repaired cracks in shower tray.

[Shorty Afterwards] Replaced shower tray!

[In that peculiar way in which one job creates another] Replaced bottom of toilet door frame.

Tightened up kitchen tap.

That's just the last 6 months!

Roll on the next 6!!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gabsgrandad said:
WHAT MILENCOS ????
Dustydog said:
Gabsgrandad said:
WHAT MILENCOS ????
There was a great Knight named Sir Gabs,
He sent PCv a photo of mum dad and the Babs.
An exceptional shot it was picked for the Mag,
But receiving his Milencos is proving a drag.
We all love some fun,
All he wants is the Milencos he's won! :whistle: :whistle: :evil:

Having been away for a few days I'm now just catching up on forum events. :blink:
Having a photo or a comment published in the magazine doesn't automatically win a set of millenco towing mirrors.
To win the comment has to be chosen at the 'Star Letter' from the ones that are received and likewise the photograph has to be chosen as the 'Star Picture', normally the best one on the page.
If you have won a set of Millenco's and not yet received them, the best person to contact is Community Editor Stacie Pardoe.

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
I have done! -- It appears ignorance is the order of the day @ PC!
001_zpssxzi61k9.jpg

I reckon this says I had a winner Parksy. Still got fingers crossed we have not got a dishonest postman.!

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Serviced by mobile man, needs washing down now really dirty from our last trip out last October / November. Away middle of the month when all are back at School/ work.
Trevor

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
Washed bits of it that were manky. checked that the fridge cools beer. checked that the bottle opener opens bottles. Slept in it with the kids for a few nights.

edit: and i fixed the leaking push connector on the outlet from the water heater... forgot about that.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Brought it out of storage, washed it over the Easter holiday and fitted a shorter breakaway cable (clip-on to tow ball). Also emptied the front locker ready for repairs and put it back in storage. Will retrieve it again on the 18th to take it to local dealer for repair and service, scheduled to take 2 weeks. :(

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
When we bought our van 18 months ago the noseweight was way over the top because of a steel gas bottle and steel spare wheel in the gas locker. So I had the dealer fit a spare wheel carrier under slung behind the axle, but he told me it could only be done by having access to it from the OFF SIDE.

I've just spent 4 hours under the van,,a job I could have managed in less than an hour if I'd had a pit to run it over or a lift;,, and by moving the warm (ish ) air vent tube for the toilet/shower room and then turning the wheel carrier around 180 degrees,, I can now get at my spare from the NEAR SIDE,,which seems to me to be a lot safer, and still have warm (ish) air to the toilet/shower room

I no longer use that dealer. !!!

Sep 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi BedfordRL. I converted our cocktail cabinet into the housing for a microwave. It could all be put back as original if it ever became necessary.
I don't travel with the microwave in position but put it on the floor in the box it came in.

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Well, our list ....
  • Checked everything works after the 3 month lay-up
  • Washed and waxed
  • Cleaned inside
  • New curtains made by Mrs Keith

and .........

Been away with it!!! :cheer:

Sep 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi BedfordRL. I will try to explain how I fitted the microwave into the cocktail cabinet.
I cut a plywood base that was the full width of the cabinet and deep enough for the microwave. A beading trim was attached to the exposed edge because it extends out from the front edge of the cabinet.
I placed a block of wood under the rear edge of the base (not fixed) because the cabinet has a raised lip at the front edge and secured the plywood base by fixing a small angle bracket to the base and rear wall of the cabinet. This is the only screw hole that would remain if it was ever restored as a cocktail cabinet.
I fitted a 240V 13A switched socket at the side of the worktop below and ran a cable up inside the cabinet with a trailing socket on the the end . This enables me to plug the microwave into the trailing socket before lifting it up into position. The open space above the microwave is covered by a matching panel secured by magnetic catches.
The microwave I have is a Cookworks 750W. I have had it a number of years now so it may not be available today but I do remember having difficulty finding a model small enough.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts